Chapter 5

Holding my shoes in my hands l pointed at her. I didn't know what to do or say. I just stared.

I was pretty confused.

Was l startled or mesmerized? Was l disappointed or feeling lucky ?

Just in the middle of our staring contest. Since no one wanted to say anything, my brother bulged in looking relieved as ever.

"My sleeping beauty! I almost thought l lost you again. This time for good."

Was he from crying? This time even the name didn't bother me. I just ran and hugged him like l was going to lose him. For one second l thought that l was never ever going to see him. I really did love him.

He was my other half.

Finding my tongue l asked if we could go home. I'll ask later about the girl and how l got to her house. Seeing that she excused our little reunion.

On the way home my mind wondered to my stalker. I might have imagined he was there,since it was my first time walking home after last years case.

I once mentioned l was too pretty. Last year, a guy from my brothers school decided to make me their idol. He followed me around and scared me everytime he got too close. He didn't want to have me for his pleasures. Just to follow me around.

I saw him several times behind me and decided to wait up one day and ask. What he wanted? Funny enough l never got to see his face. I just heard his voice. 

That very day l waited he decided to kidnap me. Not through forcing me into a car. He just injected me abruptly and l passed out.

When l came to, l was in a cage. It was completely dark outside. He didn't lock the cage or even tie me. He even left a note. Saying l should find my way home.

He had stalked me enough to know l was scared of the dark. So being in a dark room unless helped l wouldn't dare move.

He was a psycho.

Staying in that cage felt like hell. I was actually holding the door to prevent it from opening. I cried my soul out for days and l couldn't help staying anymore so at one point l decided to get out.

Walking around groping things around l found the door. I opened and fell to the ground the minute l saw light.

Later l found out he was watching me the whole time and he had put me in some cave like house. It explained the total darkness.

I don't even like remembering the feeling itself. For once l thought l conquered my fears.

Only for him to come later when l was deep asleep and cut off the lights to my room and corridor. Rearranged my entire room. Then woke me up and watched me panic.

I've never wished to die so much like l did those few months he troubled me. I was hospitalized from too much trauma.

He got arrested eventually but l've never felt safe. Ever.

Just the thought of it scares but l can't bring myself to stop. Everytime l think about him l always end up crying.

Fuck him. He surely got what he wanted.

"Hey!" The soft voice of my brother brought me back. At least he makes me feel a little bit safe.

"Yes." I answered my voice all raspy.

"Am right here. Always." He assured.

"I know." I said wiping my tears away.

"Am sorry about earlier. I was trapped in basketball training. "

"Sure. No problem. I was too stupid. I could have just waited." I said.

"No! You weren't. I think you wanted to sleep so badly."

I smilled at his attempt to make a joke.

"Dumbo! What did mum say? I almost forgot. Who was that girl? The one we just saw a few minutes ago?"

"Mum almost skinned me alive baby. Dad just asked me to go fetch you."

"Oh." Was all l said as he seemed more concentrated on the road. Not wanting to distract him l glanced out the window. He probably ignored my last question.

After a few minutes we arrived home. I just wanted to sleep on my own bed. But that was going to be impossible.

"Hello runaway." My mum greeted," decided to come home? I almost thought you finally got a boyfriend. "

"Hello dear." My dad greeted.

Why are this two married? Seriously if l were my dad l would have already divorced my mother on the second day of our honeymoon.

"Hey. I just went for a walk in the park. I needed some fresh air." I lied.

"Your okay now?" My dad asked.

"Yeah. Thanks. " l said and started for my bedroom before l was asked another weird question.

"Why do you smell differently? Like some girls perfume. "My mum asked.

"Really! Because am a boy myself?" I know her too well.

"I know how you smell. So the park nowadays smells this nicely?"

"Mum am tired goodnight. " With that said l went into my room.

My room is always comforting. Just when l was about to sleep my brother walks in.

"About that girl. She's really nice. Why do you drop by tomorrow and say thank you."

"To hell Sam. Why should l. I don't even know her." I retorted.

"She didn't even know you when she helped you. Plus l left your phone purposely," he said," you'll thank me later. "

With that he left. I wouldn't mind getting a new phone. I won't go there.

I don't even know why.