Chapter 4

Walking down the alleys l start feeling uncomfortable again. Like there is someone watching me. Turning around l find no one. Holding my phone l try to call my brother.

Really Kris! Voice mail. He was going to be answerable if anything happens to me.

Am not a cry baby or so. I train everyday for martial arts and even go to the gym but events of last year send chills down my spine.

I turn around one more time then increase my pace. It was still five and the sun shown bright but l still felt insecure.

Calling my brother again l leave a voice mail for him. 'Dumbo am telling on you to mum and dad for making me walk home. I swear if anything happens to me l'll haunt you in your dreams.'

Suddenly l hear something strange. Like twigs breaking and leaves crushing. I turn around one more time and decided to ask.

"Whose there?" My voice was sharp but deep down l was eating my soul out.

Not getting any response l turn and start jogging. I wasn't going to relive  the same events again. Increase my pace l hear the footsteps getting closer.

What's weird was that l never saw anyone behind everytime l looked. I was so sure l was hearing footsteps. My mind wasn't playing tricks on me. I thought.

Running around the corner l bumped into someone and we both fell. Not knowing who it was l started throwing my hands at them and shouting uncontrollably.

"You psycho! Leave me alone. Your hurting me don't you see. What is that you want?Huh? To follow me around always? " My tears betrayed me.

I was sweating like crazy from running and my face was all messy. My vision was blurry from crying too much. I didn't even notice that the person was actually cooling me down. 

Holding my hands with one of there's and placing the other on my shoulder. Soothing me to calm down. I stopped struggling. If this person wanted to kill me then so be it. He was strong.

I just didn't understand what he wanted. To rape me? It didn't seem like it. To just touch me? Maybe. But they way his holding me is so gentle. Like l was so fragile and he didn't want to break me.

I might as well just give in.

Lying on his shoulder l started feeling my eyes being heavy. Slowly l let them close. Seeing that l didn't have the energy to fight anymore.

Then so be it.

~'~

The soft warm blankets made me wish l never woke up. The comfortable bed just added it's weight to my wish.

The fragrant and sweet smell of fresh  washing powder made my nostrils shiver.

I stretched comfortably and slowly opened my eyes. The smell of wet jasmine mixed with fresh wood hit my face and invaded my nose.

The place looked fancy. The white and black walls looked crafty. The long curtains that hang from the ceiling to the floor flapped slowly against the wind.

Wait! This isn't my room. Where the fuck am l ?The events of what happened earlier raced back in my mind. Shit! My stalker! He kidnapped me?

Immediately l looked at my clothes. Thank heaven's. Am still wearing them. Except the shoes. Not wanting to alert him that am awake l slowly get off the bed and walk towards the door.

It wasn't locked. Weird. I pick my shoes and walk to the window. Geez! What floor am l? Looking around l went to the balcony. No hope. I wasn't batwoman.

Trying to figure out where l am, l notice my brothers car parked outside. Seriously. Nothing was making sense. He was my stalker?

Suddenly l hear footsteps outside the room. Someone was climbing the stairs.

Jumping back into bed since l didn't have any other options l cover myself and pretend am asleep.

The door open then it closes. Phew! I need to escape before something bad happens to me.

Getting off bed l tiptoe across the room. But suddenly the door opens again.

Now am face to face with an angel