Chapter 17

My silence never bothered anyone. It actually gave away peace. I would literally listen to someone vent out all there problems and not say a single word. I know some people need comfort but it was something l never knew how to give.

I was just a good listener.

I've learnt that everyone is cable of controlling their own demons. If they set there goal to it. It's not easy for sure but nothing is ever really easy in life.

I maybe be silent. But deep down am struggling to keep my demons quiet. I maybe smiling,but deep down saddens has taken control and is slowly suffocating me.

The flight to LA seemed longer than usual. I thought as l walked to the waiting room. My parents went for the bags and my brother was already seated. Jet lagged.

"You we're quieter than usual. Anything you wanna share?"

"Mmmmh.. I was thinking about my roommates. " I've actually not thought about them. Come to think of it.

"What about them? Are you scared? I could stay."

"No. Am not scared. Plus you have school. Your last touches."

"Ik. I'll deal with it. Don't worry about me. "

"I promise your the last person am worried about right now. "

"Ouch. Just when l thought I was your only worry."

"Let's go. " My mum called.

The drive was silent. Since everyone was tired. Dropping off my parents luggage we headed to the school.

I actually love the school. It's big. Majors only on Art. That will make my work easier. The surroundings were just awesome. Magnificent. I did a round check before l applied here.

"The school is beautiful my dear. " My dad commented.

"Mmmmh." My mother agreed.

"We leaving tomorrow after you've settled in so... Ask for anything before we leave." she added.

I wasn't staying in the freshmen dorms. They seemed uncomfortable. Plus my mom added that there was we're a lot happened. So l got the older dorms.

We're a house was shared by three. Nice studio. With a kitchen and living room. Thou we shared the bathroom. We had different rooms.

Once l put my things inside. l took my parents for shopping since they asked for it. Thou l knew best.

We did snack shopping and a few things needed back home. Not really food since the school provided lunch and dinner. Just breakfast chronicles.

My room wasn't that big. But enough to hold my bed and a TV. I won't say my parents haven't pumped me. But l got used to them. Getting all this was there way of showing love. Different types of shoes and clothes after every one month. And phones.

But I'll know how to deal with all this once am settled in school. I don't plan on getting those side eyes,'mean rich kid' kinda comments. Just want a peaceful study life.

Art is a lot of things. And once you have your interest in one. The rest seem to fit in. Like l paint and can create things out of scratch. That doesn't mean l can't do other art stuff. I could draw. Just not perfectly. Like l do with the brush.

"Do you need anything else dear?" my dad asked.

"No. That's enough for now. " l said.

"Okay. I got you a little something. Wanna see it now or you'll open it after l leave?"

"Tomorrow not now. And thank you. "

"Yeah. Let's go before your mum calls security on us."

This made me smile. His always so cool.

~~~

"Hello? "

"Hey. Am Cather. The school's secretary. l need you to come to the main office please. "

"Sure. " Really.

Grumpy much. I put on some shorts and a tank top. It's freaking 6 in the morning. Why the hell would she call this early?

Walking out of the dorm am greeted with the chilly cold breeze. This actually not a dorm but a hostel. It's just that people like the word dorm much. The place is quiet. Today being Saturday.

I haven't seen my roommates yet. I wonder where they are. Parting. I guess.
The morning breeze had me cursing my tank top.

"Hello. Your parents are here. "

Fuck. Really. Wow.

"Thank you. "

"Good morning dear. "

"Good morning Mara. Don't look at us like that. We need to leave this early. I got a call from work and so did your dad. "

"Good morning sleeping beauty. I promise I didn't get any calls. "

"We needed to say goodbye." My mum added after a serious death glare at my brother.

"It's okay. I understand. " I really didn't mind. I didn't want them around anyway.

The ride to the airport was not silent as my brother kept poking me.

"Asshole." l whispered.

"Yeah. Dush rag."

Then we both burst out laughing. It really sounded funny. Plus we just wanted to irritate our mum.

~~~

"Bye handsome. Take care and l love you. Sooo fucking much. I'll see you in two months or years. "

"Yeah. I love you too. "

"Please get a girlfriend. "

"You do the same. "

"Bye."

"Bye we love you. Take care of yourself please. " My mom added.