24. Quitting

Johnny's Pov

I stand on the cement driveway, staring up at the extravagant mansion. I've never been here in person but it looked so beautiful, it wasn't worth the lives lost though.

I step through the gate and around the pool, towards the door. I knock gently and a certain someone answers.

"Johnny? I wasn't expecting to see you today."

"Surprise," I say to the younger with a slight smile. I hadn't seen Yukhei in years.

"Well, what are you here for," he asks.

"I need to talk to Kun."

As if on que, I hear the man shout something from upstairs. Though I don't catch what the younger says but Yukhei does.

"It's Johnny! He wants to talk," he yells back. I'm welcomed into the house seconds later and I see Kun standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"Good morning Johnny, what can I help you with," he asks in a polite tone.

"I need to talk to you about work issues," I says seriously.

"Oh, I see, let's go up to my office then."

We both take a seat after the office door is closed.

"So, what do you need to talk to me about," Kun asks seriously.

"We want to quit."

Kun's eyes widen in shock. I knew he wasn't expecting it and part of me wished I didn't have to tell him.

"What? Why," Kun asks.

"Our last mission didn't go so well. We were ambushed. Taeyong and Doyoung were hospitalized. We decided as a group that we couldn't risk it anymore," I explain slowly.

"Are they okay?"

"Yes. Taeyong is out of the hospital and Doyoung is okay but is still stuck there for a little longer."

Silence settles between us. I could tell that Kun was thinking things over. I hope that nothing bad will come of this.

"Well, we had a good run while it lasted. We all made great memories and an amazing family. I understand that you all need to move away from this and to stay well. I'll miss you guys but I wish you all the best," Kun says, looking into my eyes. I could tell he was upset about this. I wish I could tell him that I, too, was upset.

"It was a pleasure, Kun," I say, reaching my hand out. We shake hands, quickly but professionally.

I get up from my seat with silence but things didn't feel right.

"Kun, please keep in touch. It won't be the same without you," I say sincerely. A soft smile spreads over his face.

"Will do Seo." We both slightly chuckle at the formalities. I walk out of the room seconds later. Walking through the house feels weird now, like I didn't belong.

I have a quick chat with Yukhei about what was going on. He was sad to see us go but he understands.

I get into my car, back out of the long driveway and hit the main road, never looking back.