18. News

1:00 am
3rd person Pov

Mark was sitting on the couch at the base with his headphones in. Loud music streaming through them, trying to silence the screams and gun shots that still rang in his head.

To his left, Jungwoo sat chewing on his bottom lip. Tears threatened to spill from his eyes. His hands still trembled. He was thinking about the two police officers he shot.

To Mark's right sat Yuta and Sicheng who were holding each other. Sicheng was quietly crying.

"It's gonna be ok, I promise. The pain will pass. I'm going to be right here. We'll be ok. We'll be ok...we'll be...ok," Yuta whispered to Sicheng attempting to calm him down.

Mark's music was interrupted when his phone dinged. He got a notification.

His eyes widened and he ripped his headphones out, startling the three others on the couch.

"Where's the remote," He snaps.

"It's right here," Yuta says picking it up off of the arm of the couch. Mark ripped it out of Yuta's hand and turned on the TV.

"127 has yet again caused another major attack. Earlier tonight there was a party at actress Bae Joohyun's home. Many people attended including the idols Moon Taeil, Jung Jaehyun and Kim Doyoung.

There were more twenty seven people were left dead including Bae Joohyun and one person has been injured, Kim Doyoung."

The news turns to the clip of Taeil exiting the house with the paramedics.

Everyone's mouth hung open in shock.

"This isn't possible."
"It's not real."
"This isn't happening."

~~~~
Hours had passed since Donghyuck had rushed Taeyong to the hospital.

He had stopped crying but the anxiety was almost too much to bare.

He is brought out of his thoughts when he hears 127 mentioned in the news. His eyes snap to the nearest television and he watches. He hears the news about Doyoung and he instantly grabs his phone, dialing Mark.

"Hyuck, I've been so worried about you! Where are you? Are you safe? You haven't responded to any of my texts," Mark says after the first ring.

"I'm alright. Taeyong was injured and I had to bring him to the hospital."

"Why didn't you tell us? Is he alright?"

"I don't know. Mark...is it true?"

Silence settles between the two.

"Mark...?"

"I don't know Hyuck. None of us know anything. We haven't been able to get a hold of Taeil or Johnny."

Donghyuck sighs.

"It'll be alright Hyuck. Everything will work itself out."

"I hope you're right Mark."

~~~

Johnny awoke to the pain in his shoulder and the ringing of his phone.

He ignored his shoulder and grabbed his phone. Yuta was calling him.

"Hello?"
"Where the fuck are you?!"
"I'm at the office."
"Why are you at the office?!"
"I got injured and didn't want to go to the hospital! I didn't want to worry Ten! What the fuck is your problem?!"
"Doyoung has been shot and neither you or Taeil has picked up the phone!"
"Oh my god..."
"Get your ass to base right now!"
"I'm on my way."

Johnny got his shoes and coat and took some pain medicine before he got in his car and drove to the familiar rundown part of town.

~~~
Taeil sat there in the waiting room. His arms rest on his legs, his phone pressed against his ear.

For the past hour he had been trying to get ahold of Jaehyun.

The call goes to voicemail again.

"Damnit," he says taking the phone away from his ear, leaning back against the wall. He's already left multiple voicemails.

~~~
The surgeons worked and worked, attempting to remove the bullet from inside.

"He's losing to much blood," a nurse states.

The heart monitor began to dip. His heart was slowing down. The machine begins beating.

"Hurry! Begin performing CPR."

The nurses began to resuscitate. Pumping blood and oxygen into his body.

"Come on. Stay with us. You got this," one of the nurses whispered.

The heart monitor began going flat.

"You've got more fight in you than this Kim. It's not over yet."