19. Cali

8:00 pm
Los Angles, California, USA
Jaehyun's PoV

I slowly drive up to the golden gate, hidden behind overgrown trees. I press the button to request access for entry.

"Please state your name and business," the automated voice says.

"Jung Yoonoh. I'm here for a meeting."

Moments later, the gates open and I make my way through, winding down the long dirt path, surrounded by trees that looked very creepy at night.

The large, well lit mansion comes into view. It was tucked deeply away in the forest which made it nearly impossible for anyone to spot.

The dirt path turns into a concrete driveway as I get closer. I park the car near the pool wall, grab the painting and get out of the car.

"Yoonoh, welcome back."

"Hello Yukhei," I say politely.

We stare at each other for a moment, the serious tone hanging over us. A smile appears on Yukhei's face causing one to appear on mine own. He pulls me into a welcoming hug.

"Man, it's been a while," he says pulling away, giving my back a light pat.

"A few weeks," I respond.

"That's a little to long to go without seeing your best bud," he says with a chuckle.

Yukhei was like a brother to me. We had met years ago when I lived in America. We went to some private boarding school so we were dorm mates.

The only problem though was he wasn't good with English and I could barely speak any Cantonese. We were both glad when Johnny came and could speak both.

When Johnny first started mentioning the gang, Yukhei took interest. He stayed in America once we left but Johnny made sure to ask him to join.

He's the boss's bodyguard. I'd say he has the most important job out of all of us.

"He's waiting, we should probably get inside," Yukhei says, pointing towards the house. I nod and clutch the case tighter as we make our way through the second gate.

"Would you care for a swim," he asks, motioning to the illuminated pool.

"I think I'll have to pass this time, sorry," I respond politely.

"It's alright, I understand that you're a busy idol and you don't have time for us normal people," he jokes, laughing lightly after. I chuckle.

We make it inside the house, my shoes echo through the large room. It was decorated with familiar statues and paintings. This entire room was worth more than anything I could ever make in my life.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite person," a voice rings out from above. I look up to see the boss leaning over the stairwell, a soft smile on his face.

"I see you dyed your hair," I say, noticing the light blonde color that replaced the brown.

"Aah, well, the brown got kind of boring. It was time for a change," he says, running a hand through his hair. I chuckle at the male.