15. Pain

11:45
3 hours and 15 minutes left
Johnny's Pov

Another shot whizzes past me as I aim for another police officer, successfully hitting them.

"Where the hell is Doyoung," I yell over the ruckus.

"He's still with Joohyun," Taeil yells out.

"What about Taeyong and Donghyuck?!"

"I told Donghyuck to get out of here and sent Taeyong after him," Mark yells, firing another shot. Great! Almost half my team is missing.

I look over at Jungwoo. I could tell he was scared. It was written all over him and he winced with every shot.

I bet he wished he'd stayed solo. I bet his life would have been much simpler. Now he has to live with this trauma.

Fear pushed its way into my system as I continued shooting. Nothing has ever gone wrong with our plans! Never!

"Johnny, the reinforcements are coming," Yuta yells, looking up from his computer.

"Send in the drones," I order.

He nods and begins typing things on his computer. The drones were meant to drop mini bombs. Usually you could hear them but the ruckus in the ballroom was too loud.

"Bastards," I hear a feminine voice yell out. I turn my head in the direction of the voice and I'm met with a familiar set of eyes. It was Son Seungwon, the greatest spy of the century and a very close childhood friend of mine. Rich kids grow up together I guess.

She spots me and disappointment fills her eyes when she sees what side I'm shooting for. I turn my gun towards her, my finger on the trigger. My hands start to shake. She was my best friend, I couldn't do it. I lower my weapon in hopes she would do the same.

She raises her gun, an unapologetic look on her face as she fires. Pain shoots through my shoulder as I clutch the wound and dip back under the table. I remove my hand to find a familiar sticky, red substance covering it. She shot me, she actually shot me.

I quickly get up to trying to find her but she wasn't standing in her spot. I glance over the table and find her body sprayed on the ground, blood oozing from a wound in her chest.

"Be more careful next time hyung, your injury could be a lot worse," Sicheng says, lowering his gun. I stood there shocked but quickly ducked back under the table. The shots stopped and the room goes silent.

"We've got them all," Mark announces.

"Let's get out of here while we can," I instruct, leaving all prior thoughts behind. Now wasn't the time.

Everyone begins fleeing. Stepping carefully over dead bodies, blood soaking into our shoes.

We all breathe in deeply once we get outside, taking in the clean air. This must be what freedom feels like. We all scramble off to our cars before hastily pulling away from the house.

"Is everyone here," I ask through the speaker system in my car. A chorus of 'here's' follow.

"Where is Taeil," I ask, after not hearing his voice.

"Joohyun still has Doyoung. I have to get him back." Taeil's calm voice rings out through the car. How is he always so calm? Taeil begins to say something but all you could hear from him was static.

"Taeil, are you there? Can you hear me," I ask quickly. The static cuts to nothing and I knew we'd lost contact.

"We have to turn around and go save them," Jungwoo's soft voice rings out.

"We can't risk it. Taeil and Doyoung are strong. They'll make it through this. Everyone split up and we'll regroup at base at the time the party was supposed to end. Copy that?"

"Copy that," they all say.

I quickly shut off the system. My vision began to go hazy and sweat had begun to stick my hair to my forehead.

I drive into Seoul calmly, only using one hand. Blood staining my clothes. I never planned on wearing them again anyway.

I park outside the entrance of my office and walk through the front door.

"Hey, excuse me, you can't be in here," one of the security guards says.

I collapse to the ground, unable to stand. The security rushes over.

"Oh my god, it's Mr. Seo. Call the Medics," one of the security guards yells to the other.

"Don't take me to the hospital please. Treat me here. There's a bed in my office I can rest on," I say weakly.

"Anything for you sir."

"Thank you," I say in a barely audible whisper. My vision goes in and out of focus, I try my hardest to stay awake but before long I've slipped into unconsciousness.

I'm not going home to Ten like this, I can't.

"Are you sure this is a good idea," Ten asks, looking through the plans for the gang.

"Yes," I respond quickly.

"What is the gang for anyway," he asks confused.

"I don't know. Haven't really thought about it," I say, trying to conceal the truth.

"Johnny, I know when your lying," he says looking over his glasses.

"Alright, alright, I'm doing it because I want something I can put my name on. I want something to be proud of. Everything, all of this, it was given to me. I want something that I made, without my father," I say.

"So killing innocent people is something you're going to take pride in? Stealing is something you're going to take pride in?"

"You don't have much room to talk considering your past," I argue. Ten goes silent and stares at his hands.

"Look, I'm sorry-"

"No, your right. It's the past, I can't change or avoid it. But the second you come home injured, I pack my bags and I leave," he says coldly.

"Of course," I respond.

Now that's a promise I cannot break.