6. Invitations

Doyoung's Pov

Wednesday reached us too quickly. The mission was reaching us too quickly. Nerves filled me.

I take a sip of my wine and let out a loud sigh.

"Doie, isn't that your second glass," Jaehyun asks.

"Yeah," I say quietly, slightly ashamed of how quickly the liquid in my glass disappeared.

"Doyoung, are you ok," Taeil asks. I look at him confused.

"Yes, I'm alright," I say, setting my glass down.

"I don't just mean with tonight or with the drinking, I mean with everything. You've been sleeping and eating less then your usually small amount. Is this thing beginning to be to much for you," Taeil asks, concern filling his eyes.

I didn't know what to say so I look towards Jaehyun. It doesn't help when he has the same worried expression on his face.

"Yes Taeil, I'm fine. Just a little stressed. Our comeback is recent and I just want to do my best to please the fans," I say with a reassuring smile on my face. Taeil shoots me one last skeptical look before dropping the subject.

I sigh inaudibly. Everything I had just said was a lie. I wasn't alright. I had been sleeping less because I've been having more nightmares about missions and eating less because the images of all of my victims fill my head every second of the day.

Ever since I joined the 127 I began drinking. In the past year it got worse. Drinking almost everyday to dull the pain of remorse I was feeling.

The car stops and I swallow the lump of anxiety in my throat dry, refusing to take another sip of my wine.

As soon as I exit the car I wish to be anywhere else. The flashing lights blinded me. The loud screens of fans pierced my ears.

I follow behind Taeil, onto the red carpet, shinning my prized gummy smile as I wave towards the crowd. We stop several times to take a few pictures.

Once we're inside the lobby, we stand around one of the tables. We look around, looking for Bae Joohyun.

I spot her instantly. Her table was on the other side of the room. She wore a beautiful red dress with a red lip that complimented it perfectly. She looked beautiful, like always.

"Who's going to go over there and talk to her," I ask, returning my attention to the other two.

"I say you do it," Jaehyun says speaking up.

"Why," I ask, confused. He knows I don't like speaking to others.

"Because she likes cute guys. Also, I love seeing you flustered," he says smirking at me. My eyes widen and my cheeks redden.

"Shut up," I say, hitting him playfully but I can't stop the huge smile that blooms on my face. He just chuckles back at me.

"Ok you two, no more flirting. We have a mission to accomplish," Taeil states, interrupting our moment.

"Yes mom," both of us say simultaneously. Taeil rolls his eyes at both of us.

"Just go talk to her," he states, giving me a light shove.

I turn away from the table, straighten my suit, and begin walking towards her.

"Bae Joohyun," I ask.

She looks up from her phone at me, wondering who called her name. It takes her a moment before it dawns on her.

"Kim Doyoung?"