11. The Vault

10:15 pm
4 hours and 45 minutes left
Yuta's P.O.V

"Now it's time for the fun part," I say removing my hand from Mark's shoulder and taking off my backpack.

"How did you get that," Mark asks motioning to the backpack.

"I brought it with me," I say, a questioning look on my face.

"How the hell did you get it passed the guards," Mark asks, still confused.

"They didn't see it," I say with a slight smile.

"And how did you pull that off?" Sicheng raises an eyebrow.

"I snuck in through the kitchen," I say before smiling brightly. Mark scoffs while Sicheng chuckles at me.

"Okay come on Mr. Prince. Just plant the bombs. We have a schedule," Mark says tapping the face of his watch in annoyance.

"You're just jealous I'm such a genius," I say wiping fake dust off my shoulders. Mark just crosses his arms. I chuckle at the younger. I've always loved making Mark angry. It was a funny sight.

I grab the stick bombs out of the backpack along with the other devices needed. I stick the bombs on the hinges of the door and carefully connect the wires. Lastly connecting the bombs' timer to my watch to set them off sooner.

I stand up and admire my work for a second with a smile. I turn back to the other two but they were already bracing for the bombs to go off.

I take a few steps away from the door before turning around and setting them off.

The ground shook slightly from the explosion but not enough for anyone upstairs to notice.

All three of us turn around to see the iron door gone and smoke filling it's place.

"Wow, looks like you can actually do your job right Yuta," Mark says, pretend shock filling his features. I just playfully roll my eyes and we step into the vault.

Shock overtook me when we entered. The vault was filled with expensive paintings and statues and filled to the brim with stacks of money. It looks as though Ms. Bae had some secrets of her own.

"I think we should split up and look for the painting." Sicheng and I nod for Mark to continue.

"I'll take the center, Yuta, you take the left and Sicheng takes right. If anyone finds the painting, just yell and we'll make our way there," Mark finishes. We nod and Mark gets right to searching.

I was about to leave but Sicheng grabs my hand, stopping me. I turn to look at him, confused.

"Be careful please, we don't know what's down here. If you need anything just...yell?"

I smile lightly at Sicheng's concern. He doesn't talk much but he cares for all of us immensely.

Sicheng means a lot to me. He was the first one I was close with. He knows about my life back in Japan whereas the other's didn't. He knows secrets that I haven't told anyone before. He is the one I'd turn to if I'm having a bad day. We've told each other everything. I guess I can say, I've fallen in love with Dong Sicheng.

"You too, Sicheng. Be safe," I say meeting his eyes. I stare at him for a moment before he snaps me out of my thoughts.

"We should get going, Mark is gonna get angry," Sicheng says with a smile. I can see the tips of his ears go red as he lets go of my hand.

"You're right." I chuckle lightly at him. I give him one last smile before heading down the narrow path to wherever.

I walk aimlessly through the stacks of money and other things. Oh come on, it's a painting, it can't be that hard to find.

The far left wall comes into view and I sigh, upset that I wasn't the one to find it. I was about to turn around and go back when something catches my eye.

Out of all the lavish items located in the room, here sat an old, rusty filing cabinet. I know I shouldn't look into it but curiosity got the best of me.

I sit down and open the top drawer. Inside were files carefully dated and placed. The one at the top was most recent, October 1st, 2018, from a week ago.

I open the file.

Mission name: 127
Date: October 1st, 2018
Mission outline: We're putting capturing 127 in your hands. Make sure they attend your party on October 8th, 2018. Our team will come in and set everything up for you. Make sure they stay at the party long enough.
-S.S.A (Seoul Secret Agents)

What did this mean? Surely this isn't true. It can't be true. No one knew about our plans. This is impossible. Unless...there was spy's from the inside...but that's not possible! We're brothers!

"Hey guys, I think I've found it," I hear Sicheng faintly yell out. Panicking, I quickly shove the file inside my blazer before getting up and scurrying off.

I meet Mark back where we started and we hurried off towards where Sicheng had yelled from. The whole way I feel like I'm being watched, and the feeling didn't go away.

When we arrive in the opening, Sicheng is admiring the painting. It was set on a stone platform with glass surrounding it.

"Looks like we've found our prize," I say with a smirk on my face.

Pride.

My father always told me one phrase. "Make me proud son." He said that to me before every major event.

I was sure he was proud of me for a long time, until I turned sixteen. I began to steal. Nothing major, just candy and sweets and sometimes food. I ended up stealing a phone and earned the nickname 'Osaka stealer' around school.

I was proud of the nickname for a long time, until my mother and father had heard about it. They became upset with my actions.

When I turned seventeen they shipped me away to Korea to get a new start and change my ways.

"Make me proud son." Were my father's last words before I left.

I arrived in Korea and acted like my old self, good grades, polite. Until my body began to ache for rule breaking.

I began stealing again, this time in a bigger scale. Technology, jewelry, you name it.

'Seoul's Thief' was the next nickname I was gifted. A nickname I was proud of. I appeared on the news, no one had seen my face though. There we're arrests that could have been made on me but no one could catch me.

I got a job at Seo Industries. A month after I was hired Johnny pulled me into his office. He offered me a new job. A job that more suited my taste.

An explosive job.