"I just t-thought you were a little too harsh.." I said looking down and waiting for him to lash out at me. He looked at me for a second and didn't say anything

MYB!(Mind your business) Ari. Geez.

"I'm sorry, I-I should.."

"It's alright. You're right? I should be a little bit nicer huh?"

"Y-Yeah" I said quietly surprised he didn't get upset with me. He walked over and took his seat by me once more.

"Are you scared of me?" He asked with a small voice. And I shook my head while taking the last bite of my food and placing the empty plate of food on the table.

Woah, I finished that fast.. I guess I was really hungry.

"Answer me." He said putting my chin up with his index finger. I looked at his brown eyes and was lost in them. The distance between had reduces and I could feel his breath on my face.

"No. I'm not scared of you." I told him honestly. I really wasn't . He might be a little frightening when he's mad but he doesn't scare me.

"Good. I don't want you to be afraid of me." He said looking at my lips and I was staring at his too.

Can he kiss me?

"Why not?" I asked him still staring at his lips.

"Because..because friends aren't supposed to be scared of each other right?" He said and I pulled away increasing the distance between us.

"Yeah, friends." I said and I couldn't understand the irritation coursing through me. Why did it annoy me that we were just friends ? What else could we be? What were you even thinking Ari?

I stood up and was about to leave when he stood up too and held unto my hand and stopped me.

"Hey, did I say something wrong?" He asked looking at me and I gave him a tight smile and nodded.

"No.Why?" I asked him shrugging nonchalantly.

"You have that look on your face where you look kinda mad..I didn't upset you did I? I'm sorry-" he said looking apologetic and confused.

"It-its nothing really. I just remembered something annoying from earlier on. It's nothing you did." I lied easily and gave him another smile.

"O-okay . But you need a break alright? I'll give you a massage." He said pulling me back to the couch but I resisted.

"Nick, I can't. I promise to take a 4 hour nap and massage before the ball in 2 days . I just  need to get everything ready okay? I'll see you later k?" I told him and gave him a kiss on his cheek leaving his office.

Huh! Friends ? We're friends. I'm trying to seduce you and you just friend zoned me ? Ugh!

I said talking to myself in irritation.

Why you so mad ?

Because the plan isn't working! And and..

And?

I have no freaking idea what I'm feeling and why.

********

"Tammy, you ready? Tyler is gonna be here soon." I told her as I adjusted my makeup.

Tammy did my makeup and I Melanie helped to pick out our dresses for the Annual Ball. I invited Tyler as my date and he gladly accepted. We were now waiting for him in the living room.

"Girl you look good! " I told her looking at her outfit. She looked gorgeous.

"You're kidding right? You look stunning! Nick is gonna lose it." She said raising her eyebrows suggestively and I gave her a stare