47 | "Would You Like Your Receipt?"

I'll spare you guys the rant about how much I hate this chapter. :)

      Read on, fam. <3

      When Aecha first found out that B didn't like having her picture taken, she could hardly believe it. What pretty girl doesn't like having her picture taken? Aren't pictures just a permanent documentation of how beautiful you are? Aecha always took every chance she can get to have her picture taken- so she couldn't understand why the youngest girl in the dorm avoided photos at all costs.

      It didn't take very long for it to become apparent that B didn't just dislike having her picture taken-- she hated it. With the fiery burning passion of Rin Okumura.

      B hates it when Aecha wants to take group photos

      B hates it when Aecha wants to take group photos. She hates it when Minjee tells her that she should post something because she's been absent for too long. She hates it when Sonnie snaps random candid photos of her and posts them without her consent. She even hates it when Chunhei begs to take selcas together, even though Chunhei is her favorite.

      Aecha has never once seen B willingly participate in a photo since the moment they first met. Every photo of the small teen that they have hanging on the dorm walls was forced-- if Aecha hadn't put her foot down, she's willing to bet that B would've walked away and let the group photos become partial-group photos.

     It had been hard to understand at first, but Aecha has long since accepted B's strange aversion to photos. Aecha always has good blackmail material on B, so that she can snap the occasional picture of the girl without having to fight her tooth and nail. It's a little tedious, for sure, but it's worth it.

      But when the first thing B does after their stylist unnie drops her lunch off is unlock her phone and take a couple selcas, Aecha thinks she's quite justified in feeling absolutely completely and totally shocked.

      Is B-ah sick? Aecha gapes, more than a little perturbed, as B taps out a couple messages with a soft smile on her face before lifting up her phone to take another selca. Is she not feeling well? Has she been possessed by a very vain mind-controlling alien? Did she bump her head and completely change her personality?

      Aecha and Minjee always have to resort to the most severe tactics in order to persuade B into being in photos-- yet here the girl is, happily snapping selcas as if they're nothing. Half of Aecha wants to slap the younger girl, but the other half (the stronger half) demands to know how. How is this possible? How in the world is the most anti-photoist Aecha's ever known snapping selcas like it's her second nature?

      I know Jee-Jee didn't tell her to post another selca-- B just posted one two weeks ago. It's too soon for another one. But why else would she be taking them? Nobody else besides me has the power (blackmail-- they have photo evidence of B eating a bowl of dark chocolate ice cream when she was supposed to be dieting) to force her to take photos... I can't think of any reason why she'd do it of her own will either! She doesn't have any friends outside of work. At least, not that I know of.