Missing You || Lance x Reader

well—guess who's baaaaack!! 😂 i started rewatching this god's gift of a show and i just REALLY miss this goofball.

pronouns: she/her/her's
⚠️none⚠️
enjoy! 🖤

lance pov

"Lance, I can't seee!" I chuckled, my hand covering her beautiful (e/c) hues. "That's the point princess."

"I'm spooked, I feel like we're in the middle of absolutely no where..!" Y/n held onto my jacket tightly. I held her hand as we came closer to the ocean.

"Y - You took me to the beach..?" I beamed, pulling my hands away to show her, "Ding ding ding! We have a winner!!" She smiles, looking at the endless sea in front of her, "I never knew it would be this pretty at night.. Look at how the moon is reflecting off the water Lance.."

I pulled her closer, "I know. I love looking at it. C'mon, let's sit on the lifeguard's chair. They have the best seats.." I helped her climb up to the seat.

I wouldn't be anywhere else than in her arms. Garrison classes started back up again, so it'll be a while till I got to see my princess again. I hugged her tighter and snuggled into the crook of her neck.

"Lance...you've been acting so strange lately. What's wrong..?" She brushed through my hair. I sighed, "I don't know. Classes will be starting again tomorrow and it'll be a while till I'll see you again. I'm going to miss you so much." She giggled, kissing my forehead, "You're a complete dork you know that? You can call and text me whenever you want, just not in class okay? We know the outcome of that." Yeah...last time I tried to call Y/n during class and I was suspended from my phone for a week.

"I won't I promise! I just feel like things will change," I held her hands tightly, "and I don't want them to! I just want you to be with me wherever I go. I want to travel the world with you! Do everything I possibly can with you. I love you so much.." She smiled, "I love you too sharpshooter, I'll be honored to do all those things with you once we both graduate. Now we better be getting back, you have to be up early tomorrow."

We both got down and went our separate ways.

time skip: they're in space now

It's been too long now. As cool as it seem to be defenders of the universe and all...I miss home. I miss my family. I miss Y/n the most.

She must be so worried or be suuuuper mad.

The Arusians were celebrating with us in the castle, I wandered off to the control bridge. I sighed, sitting on the stairs. "Mind if I join you?" I looked up, it was Coran. "Coran...how far do you think we are from Earth?" I asked. He hummed, "Well lets take a look. Arus is here and Earth is aaaaaaallllll......" He scrolled through the panel to find it.

It only made me sadder, to realize how far I am from home. "Coran...I really miss home," I leaned against my arms. "I understand how you feel. I would go back if I could," He stops next to me, nunvill in hand. "I - I miss the ocean, the blue skies, green grass. Out of all of that..I miss Y/n most of all." I said mindlessly.

I never really talked much of her, I missed her too much to talk about her.

"Y/n? Is this a friend of yours?" He raised a brow at me. I blushed a little, "N - No...she's..my girlfriend." "Ah, a female friend!" "Much more than that. She's the person I love. We're a couple. It's what people on Earth call it I guess. I just kinda left, not saying a goodbye or anything. I just hope she'll be at home waiting for me...Once this intergalactic space war is over, I'm going home to her. I'll make everything up to her. I'll finally travel the world with her." I smiled.

"Well, I'm sure she'll be more than happy to. Let's get back to the others."

another time skip! yay! 😂

I can't believe it! We're actually on Earth! Although, it's not what we were hoping for. The Galra completely took over everything. "No...this street..I remember it. I would walk down here with Y/n all the time," It was chaos. It was hard to look at.

"I hear something...get down!" Keith warned us. I had my bayard ready to shoot.

"Move it human. We don't have all day." I looked over the rubble I hid under, my blood boiled. "Move girl!!" The galra pushed my princess to the floor harshly.

I was about to teach the grape a lesson but Hunk stops me. I had to wait for the right moment, but for now I had to watch in horror.

"You won't...succeed....monster.." She spat blood in his face. He growled, pointing his gun at her, his back facing us, "I've had enough of your attitude!"

I felt Hunk let go, meaning to go loose. I shot the jerk three times, "Don't talk like that to my baby girl, monster."

"L - Lance...? Is that you..?" She tried to stand up. Now that I got a better look at her. She's got bruises and cuts everywhere, her leg looks broken too. What have they done..

"It's me Y/n...No no don't get up baby...Jesus...you're gonna be alright.." I hugged her, inhaling her scent. "I...I thought you were gone..The news...they said you were all dead.." She nuzzled into my neck. "I'm here now, I'm home. I'll make sure nothing harms you ever again, I promise you baby.." I kissed her. So much emotion and missed passion was held in that kiss.

"Y/n!!" She pulled away at her name being called. "H - Hunk...! Pidge..! You're okay too!" They hugged her gently. "We need to get you to a medic, you don't look too good.." I carried her. "Be careful, there's those Galran things everywhere. If you're caught, you're either killed or sent to work camps. If you weren't there when you where, I would've been sent off to work. You're my hero, Lancey Lance.." She peppered my face with kisses.

I hear the others chuckle and snicker, I cleared my throat, "L - Let's get going..!"  

end.
word count: 1109

yikesss that was everywhere—i might start writing stuff for this poor thing again. i kinda abandoned it after a while. thanks for reading, vote and comment! 🖤