Not Her!! || Keith x Reader Figure Skating AU!

ooh I'm so ready for this one. figure skating is one of my favsss to watch! My all time favorite skater would have to be Ashley Wagner! yo, i haven't been sleeping again. my insomnia is back at it again, i stg my teachers are worried. anyways, enjoy babes! 💕

//lets hope the GIF above works XD
i added the song they skate to, it's Lindsay Stirling💕💕💕

pronouns: she/her/her's

⚠️N/A⚠️

(Reader POV)

I. HATE. Kogane! He's always so flipping annoying!!

"I bet you CAN'T do a double axel!!" I pointed at him. He rolled his eyes, "Whatever looser." I bet coach could see the steam coming out of my ears. I just don't like this guy!!

"Kogane! (L/N)! Stop bickering and get back to practicing! After you're both done I've got an announcement to make!!!" We both did as told and followed his instructions.

time skip

Finally it's the end of practice.. I'm dying to know what coach has to say. I'm praying that Keith gets exposed or in trouble.

"I signed you both up for a competition. You will be skating together, a duet. So you two better start bonding (a/n: nope, don't remember, didn't happen lol 😉)"

...

...

"WHAT!? I CAN'T DO A DUET WITH HIM/HER" we both yelled at the same time. "He'll most likely throw me across the ice and finish the choreography himself!" I glared towards mullet. He scoffed, "As if!" We started to bicker again till coach got pissed at us, "Enough!! Just do it, it won't kill you! Practice starts tomorrow. Same time as today. Dismissed!"

The both of us skated towards the bleachers and untied our skates. "You better not mess up mullet head," I put my skates in my bag. He rolled his eyes, "Tell yourself that."

"Tch, see you tomorrow." I walked out to my car and drove home. I got a quick shower and laid in my bed with my cat Ebony (a/n: my friend has an all black cat and I cry cuz he's adorable). "I can't believe I have to do a duet with him, of all people! Lance would've been a better choice but he's doing a solo. Lucky jerk," I "told" Ebony, as if he knew what I was saying. I turned my lights off and went to bed.

next day

"I can't believe coach made you my partner.."

"You and me both mullet."

Coach clapped his hands, "Okay you two! You'll be skating to 'River Flows in You'. It's a beautiful and delicate song, so I expect you two to skate very softly. Catch my drift?"

We nodded and coach went over the choreography with us.

We laced our skates and went on the ice to practice. "Okay, Keith, for the first position you want to put your hands on (Y/N)'s waist. And (Y/N) put one arm out and one behind you to touch his face or neck." I heard Keith groan as he put his hands on my waist.

I felt my cheeks burn up. Why do I feel like this..? I don't like Kogane do I?

"(Y/N)? You okay?" Mullet asked. I felt his breath on my neck, it sent shivers down my spine. I nodded, "Yeah.. I'm fine. This is just awkward.. ya know..?" He hummed a 'yes' and we continued to practice. The choreography consisted of lots of jumps, spins and him lifting me.

I don't know why.. but.. whenever he went to lift me or whatever, I'd feel all weird inside.

time skip to competition

Today was the day.. man am I nervous. I haven't performed a duet before. I'd always work by myself. "Hey (Y/N)!! Good luck out there!" Allura beamed at me. Lance came over eventually, his blue outfit was a perfect match for the lanky boy, "Wow princess, you look gorgeous," he winked.

Kogane then came over, he had a frown on his face. What the..? What's his problem. "Woah, Keith? What's up?" Keith took my hand, "We gotta go." And dragged me away from the two, who are clearly smirking at each other.

"Keith! Stop dragging me dangit!"

"W - We're up.. you look nice.." Did he stutter?! I blushed, "Thank you. You do too."

The announcer gave us our cue that it was our turn.

(Keith POV)

Once we got onto that ice and started our program.. it all changed. By it I mean the way I see her. She looked absolutely stunning in that glittery red dress. Her outfit matched mine, but I had just a red vest and black tights.

I take back every negative comment or thought on her. I think I love her.

Our number finished and we were in our finishing pose.

I dip her and her arms are wrapped around my neck with mine securely around her waist.

I better do this now...

I leaned down and kissed her softly, the entire audience was either 'aww' ing or cheering. I pulled away to fast to know if she returned it or not.

I lead her to the side to the exit. "Hey.. sorry about that.. you can slap me now if you need to. Not too hard got it?"

I saw her raise her hand, I winced and closed my eyes. Once I felt no pain on my cheek I opened them, she had her hand on it rubbing it with her thumb (a/n: that sounded weird to me lol). "I don't need to.. you pulled away too fast for me to kiss back dork," she giggled.

"So.. you feel the same way?"

"Yes, Kogane." She kissed my cheek.

end.

word count: 973

(a/n: oof that ending was bad but regardless I'm confident! THANK YOU FOR 6k!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL DOLL BABIES 💕💕 special a/n next so stay in touch with me babes. thank you for reading, vote and comment!)