He doesn't love me.. || Keith x Reader REQUEST

Requested by @Rosewhity! Thank you for requesting! She gives me such great ideas for this book, it's absolutely amazing thank you!

H a n a h a k i D i s e a s e A U

(Reader POV)

Today. I have to do this today. I'm so scared.. what if he doesn't feel the same way.

I knocked on Keith's door, "Hey... Keith. It's me, c - can I come in and talk with you?" I heard him get up and open the door, "(Y/N), what is it?" He let me inside and he closed the door. "I...I need to get something off of my chest. I've been holding this in for a long time now," I paused and bit my lip.

Is this really a good idea? Well there's no going back now..

"What's the matter? Nobody's bothering you right?"

I sighed, "No, Keith...gosh this is hard. I - I like you okay. More than a friend. For as long as we've been friends I've grown to love you. I love you Keith."

I didn't want to look at him, I was too scared.

"(Y/N)... I.. don't know what to say.."

I bit my lip. "Look, I love you too okay? But as a friend. You're my best friend, I don't want to ruin that. You understand right?" He looked at me.

My throat felt scratchy, I already knew what occurred. I smiled, fighting back my tears, "Of course!! I don't know what I was thinking..! Hahaha......! If you'll excuse me!" I went out of his room and into the bathroom, I was a coughing fit. I looked into the sink and saw blood and red pansy petals.

I opened my mouth wide (A/N: no dirty thoughts children!) and saw the bud that's causing my scratchy throat. "I can't tell anybody... not even Keith," I cried. I let everything out silently so no one can hear me.

🌹time skip🌹

It's been a week since the rejection and the bud was a lot bigger than before. I coughed a lot of blood and petals, I wore my jacket and a mask to conceal my now pale skin and mouth.

I didn't eat or drink. That stupid bud blocks everything out. "Hey! (Y/N) it's breakfast......Hey..you alright?? Why do you have a mask on??" Lance inspected me. "It's a fashion statement.. I'm alright...." My voice was so raspy. He didn't fall for it, "I'm not stupid, there's something wrong. You've been skipping meals and you're always wearing your mask and jacket! We're worried sick!" I winced, I felt the need to cough.

"E - Excuse me...!" I ran to the restroom and slammed the door shut. It's getting worse and worse. Everyday there's more blood and pansy petals. I heard a loud, hard knock on the door, "(Y/N) open the door! (Y/N)? (Y/N)!!!!!!!!!!" Things started getting blurry, I coughed up more and more. Till all I saw was black.

(Lance POV)

I heard lots of coughs and heavy breathing, then I heard a thud. What the heck is going on??! "(Y/N)!! I'm breaking the door down!" I used all my strength to break it down. Sorry Allura. I saw her on the floor a pool of blood around her head, and some dripping out of her mouth.

"(Y/N)..? Hey, this isn't funny.... get up!!!!!" I stared to cry, she can't be dead can she? I saw the sink was full of blood and....pansy petals..? Wait. She confessed to Keith earlier in the week.. She has the disease.. where the patient suffers from one sided love.

I picked up (Y/N) and carried her securely in my arms. I heard a bunch of footsteps, so they finally decided to check huh? "Lance!? Why are you...what the heck happened!?" Shiro looked at (Y/N)'s limp form in my arms. I ignored him and glared straight at Keith. If HE would've loved her she wouldn't have been in this situation in the first place!!

He just stared at her, doesn't even say a word. Stupid mullet headed jerk.

"It was all you Keith. She loved you for a long time, and you just shoved her away. Because you didn't want to harm your friendship.." I kept my cold glare on him. "Lance, that's enough. Let's get her into the healing pod, see if she'll heal," Shiro took her gently and ran to the pods.

Once she was placed inside it took a few hours for her to heal.

(Keith POV)

I couldn't stand it.. I couldn't stop thinking about her.

Lance was right.. I was focused on the strength of our friendship I never realized how much she really loved me. I guess you can say I was oblivious to her feelings.

I cried, I stayed in my room, didn't eat for a while. I didn't even stay at the pod, Lance didn't talk to me as much.

I heard a knock on my door, "Hey Keith. Just wanted to tell you (Y/N) is out of the pod," Pidge's voice was low. I walked to the door and opened it, "Thanks." I walked to the pods with her.

When we got there (Y/N) was laid on a stretcher, she looked a little better. But she wasn't awake. "Allura, Why isn't she awake?" Pidge asked. "I'm not sure...this has never happened before. The pods are supposed to heal anybody to full strength. Could've this disease.....killed her..? Her heart is barely beating, it's getting weaker." I slammed my hands on the stretcher, she's not dead. I won't let her die on us...on me. "She isn't dead!! She's stronger than that!!"

She can't leave us now!! The universe needs us damnit!

"Keith! Calm down" Shiro put his hand on my shoulder.

I brushed him away, "I can't!! You don't understand!! This is all my fault!!"

"Look, yelling and screaming won't wake her up. Just be calm, even though it's hard," Lance looked at me, then (Y/N). He's right. I calmed down, and stayed with her for the rest of the night.

Three days went by and still no sign of her waking up. Everybody came to accept her fate. Everybody except me.

I had bags under my eyes, I looked a little paler too. I didn't leave her side. Only for the restroom.

I climbed onto the stretcher with her, I held her closer to me, "Look...I'm sorry... it's all my fault. If I just opened my eyes and saw your feelings towards me... ugh.. I love you...just please o - open your eyes. Do you hear me...!? OPEN YOUR EYES!!" I cried hard and put her head in my chest, laying mine on her shoulder. "JUST COME BACK TO ME (Y/N)!!!!"

My eyes went wide when I felt a smaller hand brush through my mullet (A/N: I'm sorry that just made me chuckle inside). "K - Keith...loosen your grip...I can't..breathe..." I held her in front of me, I stared into her (e/c) eyes.

She's awake.. I held her mouth open and looked inside. No bud. No blood. No petals. I hugged her waist, "I'm sorry!! Forgive me please..!!! I'm sorry.." I heard her chuckle, "It wasn't your fault.. I'm okay now. It's all that matters."

I leaned up and kissed her so hard she fell back. I wasn't rough, I just showed my affection. I let go and laid my head on her chest, "I love you (Y/N)..." She kissed my forehead, "I love you too Keith."

End.

Word count: 1310

(A/N: aHhhH ThE FeEls💕💕 I always see the victim of the disease die so I switched it up a little and gave ya more feels! I love this AU! It's aesthetic and clever! Vote and comment loves! 😘💕)