Insecurities || Lance x Reader ANGST! REQUESTED

requested by @Awkward_Fangirltrash thank you for requesting

pronouns: she/her/her's
⚠️mentions of insecurities and weight, depressing topics⚠️
you're all beautiful, unique, and the the sky's the limit for each of you. 💝 ~helios
enjoy~!

reader pov

I hopped out of my relaxing shower. It's been a long day. Hunk accidentally sprayed me with the food goo. Getting it all over my clothes and hair.

I wrapped the towel around my body and stood in front of the mirror. Taking a good look at myself, I was reminded on how disgusting I was. Sure I just came out of the shower and didn't actually fix myself up, but no matter how many times I try, I never looked as pretty as the next person.

Allura's a great example. No wonder Lance is head over heels for her. He never bats an eye towards me. Why wouldn't he right? I'm not a princess. I'm not slim and perfect from head to toe. I'm nothing. I tried my best not to cry.

It was the thought of that the person I love the most is in love with someone way better looking than me.

Have I accepted that fact? Maybe.

I got dressed in my normal attire and brushed my (h/l) (h/c) hair.

You'll never be pretty.

You're not what he wants.

Not what he believes is beautiful. (//Rei Ryugazaki is FUMING because you're G O R G E O U S reader!!💕💕)

You'll never be the girl he calls his.

Because that title belonged to someone else better than you.

I jumped when I heard a knock on the door. I quickly wiped my tears, "Come in..!" Lance opened the door, "Hey! Great timing, it's time for training. Hey...your eyes look puffy. Have you been crying??"

Shoot.

"Huh? Oh, no..it's my allergies. It gets pretty bad sometimes!" I laughed. Fake. He narrowed his eyes, "Don't lie. I know a fake smile when I see one. Tell me what's wrong so I can help you. What kind of friend am I if I can't help my friend!"

I turned my head, biting my lip, here come the stupid tears again. "I'm...not pretty. Not as beautiful as the next girl. I never was. No matter how many times I try and spice my looks up, and actually try and look my best. I just look worse. I wish I could just look like Allura or something. Pidge too...heh, she really rocks those glasses.." I sniffled.

"(Y/n)..." I looked at him. "Why be someone you're not? You're beautiful just the way you are. Can't you see that?" I shook my head.

He hummed, "Beautiful? Check. Gorgeous? Check. Adorable? Check! Strong? Check. Perfect? Definite check!" He counted on his fingers. I raised my brow, interrupting him, "What on earth are you doing?"

He chuckled, "I'm describing what I think of you (Y/n)! I see you as a strong, beautiful girl who isn't afraid to pick up a sword and fight! I admire that so much...I love it. Your eyes are so bright when you smile. I'm talking about a real one... So (Y/n)..." He hugged me, "continue smiling bright for me."

"A smile looks gorgeous on you sweetheart.."

end.
word count: 595
reminder: you're all beautiful and i love you so much 💕

my new years resolution was actually to have more confidence in myself and with the things i do. what's your resolution(s)? thanks for reading! vote and comment!💕

 what's your resolution(s)? thanks for reading! vote and comment!💕

here's a picture of me on new years! i felt great 😂😊