Not One of Us/Depend on Me || Lance x Depressed!Reader REQUESTED

requested by @YoaiTrash !! this made me cry along with season 8! HOW DARE YOU! 😭😭 i'm kidding! thanks for requesting!

⚠️angst/depression/suicidal ATTEMPT and THOUGHTS⚠️
pronouns: she/her/her's
//depression is awful. i know. suicide is worse. it's never the answer, you are all strong individuals and i believe in all of you. i love each and every one of you. i'm here for you. i'm can be a friend, a brother, a person to lean on. don't ever hesitate to contact me. there's also hotlines as well! there's many ways to overcome the darkness! ❤️❤️❤️

reader pov

The paladins were coming back from a mission, they just finished defeating a Robeast. I saw them coming back and I went to see if they were okay.

"Hey guys! How'd it go?" I asked them as they took their helmets. "Does it look like we're okay?" Keith snapped at me. I stood back a bit, "Hey..I was just asking that's all.." "You're never even there! So why should you care in the first place!!" A his voice grew louder and angrier I cowered back, away from the ebony haired male.

"Woah, Keith relax man. Sure we're a little banged up but she's just worried," Shiro defended me. Keith growled, "We'd be just fine without her!!" I couldn't take it anymore, I had to get away. I'm shaking so much, my anxiety is through the roof, tears are already falling.

What hurts me the most is that it's all true. The only reason why I was around is because I'm 'okay' at tending wounds and such. Maybe I should leave...

💔time skip💔

It's been a few days. Keith doesn't really talk to me, he just glares and curses under his breath. Pidge and Hunk don't talk either, they keep their distance. Shiro tries to help, but I know it's fake. I hear all of his negative talk with the Alteans. Lastly, Lance, the person I've grown to love during our past 5 years of being in this hell of a situation.

He always teases me. Throws insults left and right. Speak of the devil.. Lance sat at the table, he leaned his head on his hand smirking, "Not doing anything useful I assume?" I glared at him, keeping silent. That's another thing, since no one talks to me I don't talk to them. Easy. Thank you, next. (//IM SORRY I HAD TO) He snickered, "Awww don't look at me like that, you know I'm right. You don't know how to fight, but don't worry. I'll try and save you babe." He winked.

I blinked and tried to get away. He grabbed my wrist, "Cmon—! Be useful and try the gladia—" A slap rang through the awkwardness of the room. I swore his expression turned soft. "Leave. Me. Alone. All of you.." I ran to my dorm, closing the door and locking it.

lance pov

I held my cheek, she's never hit me before. I feel bad at every word that comes out of my stupid mouth. In all seriousness, I love her. And all this teasing is the way I show my love. It's who I am. Now my mistake has hurt her. Keith came up to me, "Don't worry about her. She'll forget about it and sit in that room till she cares to come out again...that good for nothing.." (//i'm sorry if keef is mean in this one, i don't mean it 😭)

I blocked out all the things the mullet said. If only I could deck the hell out of him for talking so lowly of the person I'd take a bullet for. As the rest of the day went by (Y/n) came back out to join us for dinner. She sat between me and Pidge. Her hair was all messy and in her face. I couldn't see her gorgeous (e/c) eyes that used to shine. She was so quiet...It's like she's a new person.

Keith scoffed, "I see you finally joined us." Yet again she said nothing. It made him angrier, "Hey. I'm talking to you idiot." She turned her head away from him. "ANSWER ME!!" She flinched at him yelling. Shiro's brows furrowed, "Keith stop it!" He growled ignoring Shiro, "No!! I'm done with her not even pitching in to help!!! It's be better if the Galra were to take her. Better yet just end it on your own!!!!"

(Y/n) shoved the chair away and ran off. I flinched when the chair crashed to the floor. I glared at Keith, "You should be ashamed of yourself. Telling a person to kill themselves...you're just as bad as they are." I went on after her.

I stood at her door, "(Y/n)? (Y/n) please I know you're in there...open up please. I'm not here to make it worse, I'm here to make it better." Usually she's give in...something's not right. I started to worry, "(Y/n)!!! Open up now!!!!" I used the hack Pidge taught me and got in. I looked around in her room, no where. Her bed was messy and the room was wrecked. I saw the bathroom lights on. Bingo.

I banged on the door, "(Y/n)!!! Please!!! Please open the door I'm begging you...!!! Please..." I laid my forehead against the door, "Cmon...I promise I won't do anything.." Before I knew it the door was swung open, my breathing hitched at what I saw.

⚠️⚠️graphic blood and deep depressing talk, skip if you absolutely must⚠️⚠️

"Are you happy now. I can end it all right now. You don't need me to look after you, to worry about you during every mission. Keith would be pleased wouldn't he," Her voice was raspy, very monotoned. Cuts lined her arms, the terrifying red substance running down her arms at an alarming rate.

"Why...why. Why am I such a screw up.. Come here..." She, of course, didn't. I went over and hugged her close to my chest. I could care less if her blood stains my shirt. She's what's important right now. My voice was shaken up, "(Y/n) you're so stupid...why would you listen to that emo fuck?! You may not be able to fight but you give me a reason to!! I want to be able to protect you! I'm yours!! Depend on me, I will be the person to help you and a shoulder to lean on!! For the love of god (Y/n) (L/n) I love you!!!!!" At this point I was sobbing into her chest. "I'm sorry for all I've said, I'm not the best at expressing my love..."

reader pov

What a goofball...screaming to the universe that he loves me. I do admit...I'm beyond happy to hear he loves me back. He kept sobbing into my chest, I raked my fingers through his soft dark hair. "Lance...look at me," I said as softly as I could. He sniffed and tilted his head up. I smiled and pecked his lips, "I'll always be here waiting for you. You're mine too, and always will be. I love you too Lance—would you mind helping me clean myself up..?"

He chuckled, "Of course princess."

end.
word count: 1272

this actually made me start to cry. what lance said is true. don't be afraid to go to people for help, because there's always a way to get through life's many problems. you're loved. you may not think so, but, hi. hello, i'm keith weichert. and i love you. i love you all
—don't hesitate to come to me or a hotline or even a peer. you're all special, beautiful, and unique. ❤️
thank you for reading, vote and comment 💕💕