Theatre Sweethearts || Lance x Reader HS AU! REQUESTED

requested by @interstxllar ! cool username, thanks for requesting! hope you like it!

//i always wanted to join theatre but i'm so self conscious 😂 i'm joining next year cause my sister is gonna give me $50 if i do it 😋😋

pronouns: she/her/her's
⚠️dirty jokes, mild cursing⚠️
enjoy!~

reader pov

"Okay everyone! The roles are set, come check what role you are!!" The drama teacher exclaimed. Everyone rushed over to the poor table, practically crushing it. I waited my so I wouldn't get crushed myself. "Woah!! Lance you got the main character!!" A classmate of mine, Hunk, explained. He always helps me if I need it, a soft person on inside and out. He snickered, "Hell yeah!! Allura you've got to deal with meeee!"

Allura pushes him away jokingly, "Oh god anyone but you!!" She laughed. "Hey, who's my sub? It doesn't say on the page," She asked the teacher. They looked at me (//teacher's pronouns are gonna be they/them/theirs if that's fine! i couldn't think of a name lmao), "That would be (Y/n)." WAIT WHAT?!

"Neat!" Allura came over to me and took my hands in hers excitedly, "You've got my back right?" I smiled small, "I'm sure you won't really need me.." She smiled softly, "Hey you never know..!"

*spongebob dude's voice* one day later

"Allura sadly cannot make it today, she got sick. (Y/n) you're up!" I nearly spat my water out once the teacher told the whole club the news. SHE ACTUALLY GOT SICK?! My friend, (F(riend's)/n(ame) nudged my shoulder, "Oooh you get to kiss lover boy....~" I blushed.

Yeah...I had a huge crush on the Cuban boy. It didn't matter anyways cause why would he like a nerd like me? It was obvious. "So? It's not like it means anything..." I blushed, pushing their face away from mine. "Who said it doesn't mean anything?" I gasped and looked at the Cuban. "What...?" I narrowed my eyes.

He chuckled, "Is your hearing alright? I asked.." I felt his arms wrap around my waist, he leaned his forehead against mine, "—who said it didn't mean anything...?" I blushed even harder. Speak damnit!! "I—I don't know...I just thought that cause I'm not Allura you—" He started to laugh, "Oh sweetheart, what does she have to do with all this? Listen, I kinda figured it out. Your friend is very loud you know. I actually have been meaning to tell you the same thing, ever since I met you here. Crazy right..? I thought you wouldn't like me either...yet here we are princesa~" He smirked. 

"I...me....you...? Huh?! You..like me too?..." I managed to stutter out. His smirk softened to a smile , and kisses the top of my head. He nodded, "I'm saving it for showtime.." I blushed, realizing what he meant. Our teacher clapped their hands, "Loving the love here, hate to cut it short, but we've got a show to perform! Get Lance and (Y/n) ready!!" I giggled as we got pulled into our separate stations.

"Break a leg princesa!"

"You too lover boy!!"

end.
word count: 548

i really am started to think my writing is getting worse lmao. idk maybe it's just me. thank you for reading, vote and comment. 💕