Rain || Lance x Reader

(Reader POV)

I was laying on my bed, reading one of Allura's Altean books. They're language is quite strange.. but interesting to learn. I suddenly heard a scream, a familiar one too. I put the book down and grabbed my (f/c) jacket. "I wonder what trouble he got into this time.." I said to myself.

   I ran out and collided with the emo himself, "Ouch! Watch it!" "Tch, you ran into me. Cmon let's see what Lance is yelling about!" Keith and I ran down to the control room. Lance was looking at the monitor (????) smiling like a doofus. I do admit.. he's a good looking boy. "Guys...guys look it's raining! It's actually raining!!" He said, pointing at the screen like a child pointing at a toy in a window.

   For the first time in forever I saw Keith actually smiling. I know they all miss earth, I do too.. but I don't have a home or family to go back to. I met Keith in the Garrison and we both ran off together too. He's like a brother to me, the brother I never had.

  "(Y/N)!! Isn't this amazing! It's so beautiful!" Lance giggles. "It is, it's extremely beautiful.." Soon enough Shiro, Allura, Hunk, Pidge, and Coran came in to witness the rain. Hunk laughed, "Cmon! Let's go outside!!" Everyone except Allura and Coran went out. We all had a ball, we stomped on the puddles and threw mud around like children.

I haven't seen the paladins this happy since we left Earth... Shiro looks relaxed, not stressed. Keith looks happy for once, not having that little frown on his face.. he's opening up to us slowly. Pidge is more relaxed as well.. not having all that tech to mess with for once. Hunk is more opened up, and Lance... he looks the happiest. I know he misses home, I heard him talking about it in his room..

As our fun died down it died down to Lance and I. The rain was still pouring, like it wouldn't stop. I missed the feeling of the droplets hitting my face, or the sound of the rain hitting the ground. I miss it all so much.. "You know... you scared me when you screamed. I thought something bad happened to you," I chuckled. He smirked, "Awww you care.." I rolled my eyes, "Of course I care idiot!" He moved the hair sticking to my forehead to kiss it. "I care about you too idiot.. I always have. I love you (Y/N).." He says, red rising in his cheeks. Blushing, I smiled, "I love you too Lance..."

He leaned in and placed his lips on mine. Our lips fit like puzzle pieces, he was soft and gentle. Not too rough or too hard..

It was a kiss in the rain..💙

(A/N: So how'd I do? 😁 I based this off of another story I forget the name of but shoutout to them! 😂 Lance is and will forever be bae. I'm gay for him 😂😂 I enjoyed writing this one tbh ❤️❤️❤️ Don't forget to vote and comment! ❤️❤️❤️❤️)