♥︎ Chapter 40 • Hold On ♥︎

______________________________

I'm scared

You've left me before, I can handle no more
A childlike need has wrapped itself around me
Ethan, Ethan, Ethan,
All I need is you

Let me hold on to you
You can hold on to me
Let's make this permanent
Marry me
I want you to marry me

Please, don't leave
I can't handle it if you leave—

______________________________

Bi-Curious
Chapter 40
"Hold On"

Charlie

         I stare at the ceiling as Ethan sleeps beside me. My sleeping pattern has been hectic lately and I haven't been getting much sleep. I've been getting better, but certain things have been getting worse according to Xander and my therapist.

         "You need to learn how to be apart from him, Charlie. You need to trust that he isn't going anywhere."

         Today, we're supposed to see my therapist together. The last visit, I had a little one-on-one time with Kelly about my anxieties and she told me that we can fix them, but to do it, I have to learn to do something that is terrifying.

         I have to let Ethan go and trust that he'll come back to me despite knowing what I'm really like now.

         Whenever I think about it, I get this itchy, uncomfortable sensation. I don't want to be alone and despite me hating being treated like a child and having Ethan coddle me, I love it at the same time because the fact that he's so close reminds me that he's here. Last time he wasn't here, I ended up dying on the bathroom floor.

         Ethan moves suddenly and wraps his legs around my body, effectively bringing us skin to skin once again. "Good morning, cupcake."

         "Good morning, Superstar. How did you sleep?" I ask, my eyes feeling heavy.

         "Good. It's surprisingly comfortable, being dressed up like your pretty little slut." He nibbles my earlobe.

         "Mmm. I love dressing up for you too. It makes me feel so good knowing you want me." I wrap my arms around him. "You're really pretty in it, but I love you naked too."

         "We should buy more things to dress up in one day, do some roleplay." Ethan giggles.

         "I already have a lot of outfits for myself." I smirk.

         "That's my Charlie, always prepared." He kisses my cheek.

         "Mhmm. I have all kinds of outfits. I have cowboy things, obviously, pirate stuff, old western styled prostitute clothing, and all different types." I breathe. "We have therapy today, well, it's me, but you know."

         "Damn, just when I'm about to start humping your leg." He jokes. "I'll be happy to take you, as always."

         "Can you come inside too?"

         He laces our fingers together. "Absolutely, baby, anything you need."

         "You say that now..."

         He squeezes my hand. "I mean it."

         "I don't know if you're going to like what we're going to say, Ethan."