♥︎ Chapter 10 • Close ♥︎

_______________________________

I feel like I'm making a mistake,
Stringing you along,
Getting too familiar
I've never been this close to someone who wasn't family

It's terrifying

I'm starting to depend on you,
And I can see something in you too,
But deep down,
I'm toxic,
I hurt those I care about
I'm trapped in my mind and I cannot get out
I can't let you see it,
Can't let you worry,
Because it always hurts those I care about,

And I care about you, Ethan

_______________________________

Bi-Curious
Chapter 10:
"Close"

Charlie

        Sitting on the couch with Momo in my lap, I message Ethan. It's only just after school, but I want to hang out.

        Charlie: Hey, Superstar, want to come over?

        Superstar: sure, but warning, i'm not in the greatest mood

        Charlie: Looks like I'll have to fix that.

        Superstar: alright. see you in 10

        My eyes trail to the picture on the fridge of Momo and I grin, picking her up and showing her. Her nose twitches and she sneezes.

        "Yeah, it's pretty awesome."

        A blink.

        "You're right. Awesome people do tend to make awesome things and Ethan's pretty awesome."

        Two blinks.

        "You're still my buddy too, I'm not going to replace you, Momo. You're like the best of the best, the best around, nothing's gonna ever keep you down because you're Queen Momo." I nuzzle my nose into her fur and she makes a cute noise.

        "I love you too." I hum and set her on my shoulder. "You're the parrot to my pirate, babe."

        I hear a knock on the door. "It's Ethan."

        I open the door. "Hi, it's Charlie."

        Ethan rolls his eyes, his mouth twitching. "Funny." He comes inside and closes the door behind him. "Hello, Momo." He greets the guinea pig.

        Momo sneezes as I hand her to the brunet. "So, what's bothering ya, cowboy?"

        Ethan pets Momo as he walks over and sits on the chair he likes. "My friends."

        Sitting down on the couch, I bring my legs into my chest and hug them. "Tell me about it?"

        "They kicked me out." Ethan looks down at the ground and his voice cracks. "We're like a family, a crew, and they kicked me out temporarily. Until I fix it. Not for gay things, but I wasn't there when they needed me."

        "Where were you then...?"

        His eyes water and he looks at me. "With you."

        It feels like the temperature has dropped twenty degrees and I hug myself tighter. "I'm sorry. Don't ignore your friends to be with me. You've known them longer, have stronger bonds. If they need you for something really important, you can leave whenever. I won't hold it against you. They obviously matter a lot to you, Ethan."