♥︎ Chapter 14 • Mortality ♥︎

_______________________________

I don't think I've ever felt immortal,
Deep down, I've always known that I don't have long
It influences the way I think,
The way act
No, I've never once felt immortal,
But maybe that's more a problem,
Because I've always told myself...

I'll be gone in a blink

_______________________________

Bi-Curious
Chapter 14:
"Mortality"

Charlie

"Ethan, Ethan, Ethan, wake up," I say softly, tickling his nose with my fingers.

Ethan scrunches up his nose and sneezes, his eyes opening. "Whaaaaaat?"

"It's ten and I want to go out for breakfast," I say excitedly.

He smiles and sits up. "Okay, where do you want to go?"

"The cute little diner in the university town. They have really good coffee and hot chocolate. Their biscuits and gravy are also cheap as hell, fill me up, and taste like greasy heaven." I bounce.

"Sounds delightful." Ethan hops out of bed. "Let's do it."

"I'm all ready." I grin, adjusting my shirt.

"Well, damn." Ethan chuckles and grabs his clothes off the floor to put on. "Whose car?"

"Gross. You're wearing the old clothes that smell like cigarettes."

He quirks an eyebrow. "You got something better for me to wear?"

I go to my bedroom where Momo is exercising in her wheel. Chuckling, I greet and feed her before grabbing clothes for Ethan.

"Did you not think my clothes were suitable to wear?" I ask, handing him the outfit I wore to look like him.

"I just didn't think about it." He takes the outfit and puts it on. "Nice."

"We can take your car." I stretch before twirling my earrings and hooking elbows with Ethan. "Care to leave, my good sir?"

"Indeed!" Ethan shouts and walks me out to his car. The drive is short and sweet, Ethan growing more excited the closer we get. He parks and unbuckles his seat belt before checking his wallet. "I'm so ready for this."

"Saaaame. Their food is so good and cheap." I pat my pocket to make sure I have my wallet before walking out of the car and coming to Ethan's side to open the door.

"Why, thank you." He smiles and gets out. "You know I'm never this content in the mornings, you truly are a miracle worker."

"You're welcome." I grin and grab his hand, pulling him inside and asking the sweet old lady for the booth in the corner.

She obliges, taking us to the seating and handing us each a menu. "Do you know what you'd like to drink?"

"A mocha with extra whipped cream, please."

"Coffee. Black." Ethan orders.

"Do you know what you want to order by chance?" She asks.

"I'll have whatever he's having." Ethan gestures to me.

"Biscuits and gravy with bacon on the side, please," I order giddily.