♠︎ Chapter 19 • One Year of Love ♠︎

Bi-Curious
Chapter 19
"One Year of Love"

Ethan

        A few weeks pass by without incident. I'm living with Charlie now and it's been nice, despite the fact that he leaves often to go sleep with his sugar daddy. I do my best to ignore it, but there's always a sinking hole in my chest whenever I hear or see him leave, dressed up like a pretty little prostitute.

        There's a Halloween party tonight that one of our biochem peers is throwing and I've finally completed my outfit for it.

        "What do you think?" I ask Carmen, who I've invited over. Charlie wants me to try and rekindle our friendship and at first, I hated the idea, but now I like having her around without Tony's influence.

        She hums skeptically. "Put it on."

        I chuckle and throw my clothes off, not caring about nudity in front of her. She's seen everything. I put the outfit on and smirk. Over my shoulders and torso is a puffy white pirate shirt, open down half the chest. Over my legs I'm wearing black pants and a belt holding a sword, and a scarf. On my feet are regular combat boots. I've even got a hat and a golden tooth.

        O'Malley smirks back. "You look hot."

        "Thanks." I check myself out in a mirror. "Think it'll get me laid?"

        O'Malley rolls her eyes. "I'd certainly fuck you."

        I shoot her a look and she holds her hands up defensively. "Just telling you the truth."

        "Yeah, but I don't know if I can trust the word of a slut." I say, acting conflicted.

        O'Malley punches me but she's smiling. "Oh, shut up, Dechart."

        "I can never be silenced." I counter, pulling my shirt back off.

        "I know one way to silence you." O'Malley smirks.

        I chuckle. "Yeah? And what's that?"

        She grabs my chin and presses her lips against mine and I freeze. She feels so familiar and her chapstick still tastes the same. "Carmen—"

        "Shh," she coos and moves her lips against mine. My hands fall to her hips and I allow myself to float into the land of nostalgia, my mind replaying every night we'd ever spent together.

        It's only when Carmen starts feeling up my chest when I pull back. "I'm sorry," I push her hands away. "I can't."

        Carmen frowns. "Why not?"

        Because you're not Charlie.

        "I told you I didn't want to get back together." I sigh and put the shirt back on. "I meant it."

        "It's just sex, Ethan—"

        "No. I said no."

        Carmen nods and apologizes before making up an excuse to leave. I walk her out to her car before getting into mine and driving to the party. Once I get there I text Charlie.

        Ethan: hey, you at the party yet?

        Charlie: Not yet. I'm telling Momo goodbye.

        Ethan: ok well tell me when you get here

        I head inside and make my way straight to the drinks. I pour myself one and find a seat. Everyone's dressed up in their Halloween costumes and they look great. The house is packed, but most of the people are out by the pool, so it's not as bad as it could be. I just hope we don't run into those girls who harassed Charlie again.