♥︎ Prologue • Just Charlie ♥︎

_______________________________

If never is forever,
Then what does that mean?
When I say I'll never be able to follow my dreams,
Does it really mean that I'll forever be chasing them?

My mother once said,
"Never doesn't necessarily mean forever"
And I wish that were true
That forever feeling empty
Didn't equate to never being full

If the birds never sing,
Tell me, will it not be quiet forever?
If the sun never shines,
Won't it be forever dark?

If I am never really being myself,
Then will I forever be in my father's shadow?

_______________________________

Bi-Curious
Prologue:
"Just Charlie"

I close the cover of my leather journal, my eyes traveling slowly to the sky. The sky here has always been gray, a blue jay or two flying around the small, but prestigious college by the name of St. Sinclair University. My hazel eyes glance at a lone chipmunk scurrying up a tree and I sigh wistfully, gathering my belongings, and head for my first class of the day, the bittersweet scent of the humidity clinging to my nostrils to the point where I can taste it.

Today is my first day as a college student, a law student to be exact, a long and tedious path that both my parents have travelled. Hopefully my younger brother will have the blessing to take the road less travelled while I strive for a level of excellence— no, of perfection that's been instilled in me since birth.

Charles Adrian King, eldest son of the famous Ava and James King. Son of the man who wrote an eighth of the law textbooks I will be forced to read, many boring chapters that will be forced down my throat just to regurgitate and digest again in an endless cycle. Heir to the major King law firm that I don't want to even step foot in, but that's not who I am.

I'm just Charlie.

Despite this fact, I still walk to biochemistry, a hardcover copy of this flawed country's constitution weighing down my backpack like a ton of bricks. Despite this fact, I find myself to be one of the first students in the class and I slump down in my seat before remembering that "I'm a King and should conduct myself as such" before straightening my spine, my nose buried in a book before I feel the presence of someone else.

My hazel eyes look up to meet warm brown ones and a young man with dark brown hair styled in a slicked back undercut comes into my peripherals. A black shirt covers his person, along with black jeans and a black leather jacket which is covered in patches. I continue to watch him as he sits down and lets his bag drop haphazardly onto the floor and lounges in the chair. He looks my appearance over after some time and finally decides to introduce himself.

"Hey," He extends a hand lazily. "I'm Ethan."

I shake his hand firmly. "Charlie."

____________________________
Authors' Notes:

It has ARRIVED! Bi-Curious is out for all of you to read (obviously, lol). I love this story very much and I love my boi, Charlie very much. Ethan is also a hot tamale. 👀

I am so excited to release our first original story together. Writing this with Jex has been very fun and when it ends, I'll probably cry. Charlie has his own story outside of his brother and I hope his chapters show that. I'd love to hear feedback and thoughts! The schedule for this should be Wednesday-Friday, so Ethan is Wednesday and Charlie is Friday. Mark it in your calendars!

-A. A. White (thesecretwriter888 )

____________________________Other Author's Note:

Other Author's Note:

Wow. It's finally time. This is Jex and you guys have no idea how excited I am for this story. Ari and I have been working on this almost nonstop since having the idea. It's our first original story together and I am super proud of it and I know you all are going to love it. It's the perfect story to kick off Catharsis' beginning.

I, Jex, write for Ethan while Ari writes for Charlie. This book will be switching POV's between the two main characters. I love Charlie with all my heart and Ethan is one of my characters that I am most proud of. I'm so excited to share him with you, I know you'll love him, especially if you like sassy bad boys with big hearts.

So, without further ado, enjoy Bi-Curious.
(I, myself, am bisexual, into all genders, so don't get your panties in a twist about anything being misrepresented.)

-Jexis Kane
(Jex)

-Jexis Kane (Jex)