♠︎ Chapter 35 • Breakthru ♠︎

Bi-Curious
Chapter 35
"Breakthru"

Ethan

        I wake and twirl one of Charlie's curls around my finger, debating how he'll react when I ask him a question that's been eating away at me since we got home.

        I need Charlie to be safe.

        And for that to happen, I need to know what he used when he tried to take his life and make sure he can't get to it again while he recovers. I won't take any chances. I just hope he understands. It's not babying, it's smart. The only reason he'd refuse is if he's planning to do it again, and then we have a much bigger problem.

        I rest my head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat until he wakes up.

        "Mornin', Ethan," Charlie mumbles tiredly as he plays with my hair. "Waiting on me again?" He yawns.

        "Yeah." I chuckle deeply, the sound vibrating Charlie's chest. "I don't mind though, you're beautiful when you sleep. Your heart sped up when you woke up, it was really cute."

        "Creep." He giggles.

        I smile and move up to kiss him. "Would you like some breakfast? I can make something easy to digest like toast."

        "Toast, coffee, and orange juice?" He lights up.

        "Sure, will you come with me?" I ask. I don't want to leave him alone.

        "Was plannin' on it."

        "Wonderful." I slide out of bed and go into Charlie's closet and throw on one of his shirts. "Mind?"

        "I like when you wear my clothes." He grins.

        I beam. "I like it too and they're really nice clothes." I wiggle my shoulders and head to the door, not bothering with pants since I still have my briefs on. "You coming or do you need some help?"

        "Can I get changed?" Charlie asks.

        I frown. "Alone?" I remember how he kept hiding his arm at the hospital and realization dawns on me. "Yeah, of course, baby." I reluctantly close the door and head to the kitchen to pull out the bread.

        Some time passes and Charlie wraps his arms around me, wearing deodorant and freshly brushed teeth. He's wearing a baggy, pastel purple hoodie, his slippers, and his black spandex shorts.

        I return his hug and squeeze him tightly before releasing him to put the toast in the toaster.

        Charlie hops up on the counter and starts making the coffee. "How are you?"

        "Happy to be with you." I reply and grab a glass to pour his orange juice in while I wait for the toaster to pop.

        "Cute." He sips some of the juice after thanking me.

        The toaster pops and I put his on a plate and hand it to him before putting two more pieces in for myself. I decide to wait until after he finishes eating to talk to him so I don't spoil his appetite.

        Charlie hops off the counter, swaying a bit before going to rinse his plate and then put it in the dishwasher before he pours us each some coffee. "You're awfully quiet, babe."

        I swallow my nerves. "Yeah, I actually want to talk to you about something." I admit while I butter my toast.

        He giggles. "That doesn't make much sense. Why would you be quiet if you have something to say?" He clasps his purple mug in his hands and takes a sip.