♥︎ Chapter 48 • Together ♥︎

_______________________________
You gave me a lot without even trying
A friend, a brother, a sister, another mother
Thank you, thank you
I'm so glad we got this second chance to just be
Together
______________________________
Bi-Curious
Chapter 48
"Together"

Charlie

"Ethaaaaaaaaaaaaan, what if she hates me?" I pace. "What should I wear? Oh my gosh, Ethan."

"She won't hate you." Ethan leans against the door frame. "Wear what you'd wear hanging out with any other friend. Kaisley is the last person who'll care about fashion. Why do you want to meet her again anyway?"

"Because she's going to be my sister. I've always wanted a sister. And I want your whole family to love me. Kaisley is the only member that I haven't won over with my charm."

"That's cause she's gay, Char." Ethan chuckles. "She'll love you, I'm sure of it. Nobody could not love you."

I pout. "I hope so."

Ethan places his hands on my hips. "You belong in my family. She'll see just how happy you make me and she'll know that's true."

"What's her favorite stuff?"

"You'll need to be more specific." Ethan chuckles.

"Activities, food...?" I bite my lip.

Ethan nods. "She's way into sports, been playing her whole life, specifically basketball, soccer, and volleyball. She skateboards. Her favorite food is sub sandwiches piled high with tons of shit. Like, tons. It's disgusting. She likes sushi too. Loves soda."

"We'll do everything!" I bounce. "Let's get her."

"Okay, cupcake." Ethan smiles and grabs his keys.

I smile and follow him. "Is she hard to impress?"

"I'd say so." Ethan nods as we get in the car and drive off.

Biting my lip, I contemplate what to do. I should definitely be myself. I'm good at volleyball, but I get a little competitive, so that might not be the best. "She won't try and take advantage of my need to please, will she?" 

"Not if she doesn't know about it." Ethan bites his lip. "She'll try to take advantage of anything, your money too, so watch your spending."

"Aaaaa, females are so scary." I cry.

Ethan rolls his eyes. "No, they're not, baby. We aren't that different." He takes my hand. "Just relax. I'll tell her off when it's needed."

"Okay." I exhale and pat myself down. "I have my anxiety medicine, right?" I keep searching for the bottle until I find it.

"You've got everything you need." Ethan reassures me as we pull into his family's driveway.

I whine. "You weren't this nervous meeting Xaaaaan."

"I don't have anxiety." Ethan pets me. "You're gonna do great. One step at a time, right, love? First step is to get outta the car, okay?"

Nodding, I follow. "I'm glad you're here too." I grab his hand once we're out.

Ethan squeezes mine. "Me too." He smiles and goes up to knock on the door. Kaisley opens it. Her hair is down and she's wearing a short sleeve shirt with the anarchy symbol on it and shorts. On her feet are black vans and over her shoulder she carries a mini backpack instead of a purse.

"Hey. I'm ready for our day out." She puts some chapstick on before sticking it in her pocket. "You still look pretty even when you're not dolled up." She mentions to me.