96 ⸸

The doctor dropped Seokjin's clothes back onto the couch, walking over to his best friend with no expression on his face.

"Isn't it exhausting to make love to a demon all of the time? I'm sorry to refer to Seokjin that way, but that is what he is, Joon. He's a bloodsucking demon!"

"He's different now. He isn't a vampire anymore, a special injection administered into his body turned him back into a human-" Namjoon was cut off by Yoongi, who had stood up
from the couch he was sitting on. Hoseok excused himself to use the restroom to avoid the awkward and heated conversation in between the two men.

"That doesn't change the fact that he was still a vampire. Don't you realize that you have a
killer in your own apartment? What if he turns on you and tries to bite your neck or worse... He could kill you! For a man as smart as you are, this was the most stupid and reckless decision you've ever taken!" Yoongi was now yelling at Namjoon.

"Keep your voice down, he's asleep now and he could wake up because of your shouting."
Namjoon didn't want to argue or use a loud tone of voice with his friend.

"I thought that vampires didn't need sleep. What up with that, huh?"

"Because he's human! Yoongi! He's HUMAN! A human that I love." A vase suddenly smashed onto the floor, startling Namjoon and his friend who moved away from where he was standing.

Seokjin was coming down the stairs after hearing the entire conversation Namjoon was having with the older man, when he accidentally knocked over the ceramic vase.

"I'm sorry." He stood there, completely still and unable to walk any further.

"It's okay. Hey, you don't have to cry, Seokjin. It's just a vase." Seokjin held Namjoon's hand for a while, before pulling him into a hug.

"Dr. Kim, I won't kill you. I won't..." Seokjin whispered. The doctor knew exactly why the man was talking that way. It's because of what Yoongi had previously blurted out to him earlier.

He grabbed Seokjin's hand, helping him get downstairs quickly.

"This man that you see right here. This man makes me happy. Apologize to him for your harsh words." Yoongi cringed at Namjoon's words.

"Are you hearing yourself? That's ridiculous, Joon. What necessity do I have of doing that when you know very well that I'm right." Namjoon was moved from Seokjin's side by Yoongi.

"You ruined his life. It's your fa- ahh, ah, let go of my ear. Hey! My ear is sensitive." Yoongi held onto his ear after Namjoon held it tightly, pinching him for a while.

"Seokjin, open your mouth to show this man that you are human. It seems like that's the only way he'll understand it." Seokjin obeyed Namjoon and opened his mouth widely.

His teeth were completely normal. No more fangs.

"Seokjin!" Seokjin heard Hoseok's voice and turned to face the man from far away.

"Hoseok?" He went towards him.

"It's been a while."

"I missed you. You're so cool!" Hoseok embraced the man's body, but Seokjin quickly released himself from him, going back to Namjoon's side.

"Listen, I appreciate your visit, guys. But can you please visit another time?" Namjoon turned his head over at Seokjin who was hiding behind him. "Now is not a good time." He finished speaking while Yoongi and Hoseok looked at each other.

"Alright then. Come on, Yoongi. Let's go. Yoongi?" Hoseok was surprised when Yoongi released himself from his soft grip, walking over towards Seokjin.

He looked at Seokjin closely. Too close for the man's liking.

"What's wrong with you, huh? You're such a brat sometimes. All you do is cause tantrums
and ignore others. At least accept Hoseok's friendly hug." The man pulled Seokjin away from Namjoon.

He was shivering. "Let go of me, I'm not your pet!" He bit Yoongi's hand. Yoongi immediately reacted by releasing the man and holding his own hand.

"Not a pet? Then why are you acting like an animal!? You psycho!" Yoongi's words made Namjoon burn on the inside, but the younger didn't want to worsen the situation, so he stayed by Seokjin's side.

"Don't get near him. It's for his own health and safety. Please, if you're my friends then you will let me handle this on my own and let me help him. Please, go." Namjoon watched as Seokjin's skin color changed back to pale.

"Is he okay, Namjoon?" Hoseok asked.

"Seokjin, hold onto me." The man suddenly fainted in the air before Namjoon caught him in his arms. Yoongi and Hoseok helped Seokjin get to a hospital while the doctor drove in the backseat of the car with him, making sure that the man wouldn't have a high fever that could cause him a seizure.

Thankfully, the man survived the long ride to the medical center. His body was shivering.

"Cold... I'm cold." His teeth were catering, distorting the small amount of words he was able to pronounce before his consciousness fully left him and he woke up in a hospital bed, surrounded by doctors. None of them looked anything like they did in the other hospital. On the contrary; these doctors were all nicely dressed and were very polite and caring to the man. A care that no doctor or nurse had ever given him in the old hospital building he was locked up in.

"Ah, patient Kim Seokjin, you're finally awake. Do you know where you are?" Seokjin nodded his head in denial at the unfamiliar looking doctor.

"You are in a medical health center in Seoul. Your friends brought you here because you fainted. Do you remember what happened to you?" The man started to have flashbacks.

"I was being.. Forced to hug... A friend of mine." His voice was low and very tired.

"And what else do you remember, Seokjin?" While the man tried to remember anything else, his head started to hurt.

"Alright, we won't ask you any further questions. Just tell me, are you allergic to anything?" Seokjin shook his head.

"No." The doctors left his room and returned to the waiting room a few hours later.

"Why did he faint, doctor?" Namjoon stood up from his chair, waiting for the doctor to respond to him.

"Your friend has anemia. I will prescribe him these iron pills. He must take them two to three times a day with a meal in between. If his condition worsens, even with the treatment of the pills, then he could potentially need a blood transfusion. And patients with blood type O are very rare. Please make sure that he takes these pills, okay?" Namjoon nodded, taking in all of the information, carefully.

The doctor left and allowed him to see Seokjin.

Seokjin was lying down on the hospital bed, looking around. The sounds of heart monitors beeping gave him anxiety, and caused him to become stressed. The smell of clorox and other cleaning products in the building reminded him of the other hospital, only with more light and less fear. But still, the man didn't enjoy being there at all.

"Namjoon, I want to leave. I don't like hospitals..." He frowned.

"I know, sweetheart. Let me help you get up so we could leave, alright?" Seokjin gladly accepted Namjoon's help by holding onto him the whole time while sitting upright, legs dangling from the hospital bed as he crumbled up the paper on the bed with the weight of his body.

Yoongi and Hoseok helped them get the iron pills from the pharmacy and drove them back home.

"Thanks for everything, guys." Namjoon said, after he took Seokjin upstairs for him to get some rest. The man was low on energy, and felt very weak and tired.

"Listen, I'm sorry for yelling at you and disrespecting Seokjin earlier. If you ever need help, never doubt in calling us." Yoongi said, patting Namjoon's shoulder.

"Take care, Namjoon. And take care of Seokjin. Your patient needs you, Doctor Kim." Hoseok hugged Namjoon.

"I'll take good care of him. He just needs time to heal from everything." Namjoon closed the door and locked it as soon as his friends left, then he went back inside of the house to check on Seokjin, who was still upstairs, sleeping.