18 ⸸

Namjoon's POV:

"Mr. Kim, are you smiling?" I ask, staring at Seokjin. I've never seen him show emotions before, except for sorrow. Could he be happy, or embarrassed?

I approach him closer and he raises his head up: The smile was now gone, and his eyes were darkened. His pupils were dilated.

"I wasn't. Visiting hours are over." He told me, in his cold tone of voice.

"Thanks for everything." He sounds so sad.

"I'll come back to visit you tomorrow night, Seokjin." I announce before retreating from the dark room he was in. The lights were all off.

"Be careful. Don't ever go into any other room, the last remaining patients here should never be seen, they're other failed experiments, just like I was. But they aren't human anymore, they are wild beasts, demonic creatures of the dark and should never be messed with." With the way he explains things, I can guarantee you that I'll never set foot in one of those rooms.

"I won't. I may be a curious man, but I won't let my curiosity get the best of me. Farewell, Seokjin." I smile.

He didn't return the smile or even look at me, he just covered himself up with that long cape. It's probably the only thing he has to use as a blanket. Poor man. Each day I feel more and more pity for him, but I'm glad I get to talk to him, he's so different than the other patients here.

~~~

I got out of the building by 12:00 A.M., pretty late, but I had a lot of work to do. And even after I finished working, I stayed in my office searching up how to cure malnutrition in less than a week, which foods to eat to treat gastritis, which foods to avoid and googled up a lot of other things to help Seokjin. I just hope no one notices that I bandaged his arm. Hopefully it'll heal soon.

I pull out my camera and begin to record with the new tripod I bought at the mall with Yoongi the day we were shopping.

"It's currently 12:08 A.M., and I just came out of the building. I'm going to try hooking up the camera to this new tripod I got. Yes. There we go, now I won't have any problems while driving." I sigh, pulling out of the parking I was in to pay my parking ticket.

"Before I used to think the people in the hospital, you know, the workers? I used to think they were crazy. Now I know that they're completely out of their minds. When I tell you I'm a clean man, it's because I'm a clean man. I usually disinfect everything in the hospital before I use it on my patients, no matter what it is. I don't even know where to begin... I think I'll keep everything short. I saw Patient Kim today. Everything was going so well: We were just talking, I was giving him a check up as usual, having a regular chat with him until the psychos entered the room. By "psychos" I mean the nurses. I'm going to start calling them psychos from now on after what I witnessed them do to him. I was mentioning earlier how clean and disinfected I am with my things and whatnot, remember? Well the reason I said that was because I clearly saw when they inserted a rusty needle into the patient's vein. What's wrong with those people?"