31 ⸸

Namjoon took his keys out and unlocked the first door to his apartment, then let Seokjin enter first.

He looked around the apartment for a while.

"You're a very clean man. You have a beautiful house, Dr. Kim." Namjoon thanked him while sitting down.

Seokjin took his coat off, calmly sitting down next to the man. He felt odd.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have sat down. I'm... not the cleanest at the moment." He got up, looking down at himself in shame.

"Nonsense, you can sit down. However, if you'd feel more comfortable cleaned, you can use my shower to freshen up. How does that sound?" Namjoon spoke.

The man thought about it for a while. His eyes were targeted on Namjoon since he didn't feel comfortable looking anywhere else. He felt insecure and anxious, but he thought that the best thing to do in this case was to agree with the doctor and use his shower.

"Alright, let me show you where it is and later on I'll bring you a towel. Follow me." Namjoon got up, leading the man towards his bathroom.

He showed him how it turns on and how to switch it back off, how to adjust the pressure of the shower head, and how to lock the door.

Namjoon thought that a walk-in shower was a better option than a regular tub, he thought it was more sanitary and private. His bathroom was spacious and clean, the lights were yellow and the interior design was beautiful. Seokjin's eyes widened.

"Wow." He whispered underneath his breath, silent enough for the other to not notice it.

"And here you go, here are some fresh and warm towels. Once you come out of the shower, you can go change your clothes in my room. I'll be in the living room. Call me if you need anything." Namjoon was about to leave when the man called out his name.

"Dr. Kim."

"Yes?" He turned back and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Thank you." A smile appeared on Namjoon's face as he nodded while walking away, leaving the man on his own.

Seokjin was slightly intimidated by the beauty of the bathroom, so he tried his best not to ruin anything. He treated everything he touched with care, especially the shower.

The water descended from his body, staining the shower with blood that was previously smeared all over his face and neck but the doctor never noticed anything because Seokjin was always wearing the mask.

The man was always curious to what Seokjin looked like without the mask, and he knew that this could be the only chance he would get in seeing him with it off and not by asking him, but he couldn't just sneak up on the man while showering.

That would be very inappropriate and Seokjin could feel frightened and uncomfortable and that's exactly what Namjoon was trying to avoid, so he kept his curiosity hidden in the back of his head.

To distract himself he played some music to calm down and change the mood in the atmosphere. Apparently the music was pretty loud because when he turned his head while slightly tapping his foot, he saw the man was standing next to him moving along to the rhythm.

Namjoon smiled, surprised. The man had his mask on again, unfortunately, so he lost the chance to see his face once more. But he wasn't disappointed; he figured if the man felt comfortable, that he should just let him be.

"I picked out a few choices of clothes for you to wear, you can always take anything you want from my closet or dresser of course. I left them in my room, they're upstairs." The man gladly spun around, heading upstairs.

Namjoon couldn't help but stare back at Seokjin as he watched his hair dripping water with each step he would take. He found everything so surreal.

Did he just break into a hospital and bring home a strange patient everyone assumed was dangerous? Yes. Yes, he did. And he didn't care about it all at, he was just relieved that he saved him from those people and from the loneliness.

"Dr. Kim here, hello. Everyone, I did it. Somehow I brought him home with me, I just couldn't stand to see him there locked up like an animal anymore. Kim Seokjin is a human being. An extraordinary human being. He's upstairs in my room right now... I know I should be respectful and keep my distance in order to not make him feel weird, but I'm really curious as to why he always wears that mask since the first day I met him. He's always told me that the mask is something he must necessarily wear, but he isn't with them anymore, he's with me and if he opens up a little bit... I might just get him to take the mask off. I really want to know what he looks like without it. Although, seeing him up close, this man is very good looking- He's on his way down now, I have to go now. Goodbye." He stopped recording and turned his camera off then placed it down as if nothing happened.

"I like your choice in clothing. How do I look, Dr. Kim?" Namjoon turned around and nearly fell off of his couch, the man looked mesmerizing.

He was finally about to see his full face

Or so he thought, because as soon as the man took the mask off, he put it back on again and stood up.

"You look hot."

"I look... What?"