53 ⸸

From what they overheard, Yoongi and Hoseok were good friends but lost contact with each other ever since Hoseok fell ill in the hospital.

"So, that's our story. Now tell us how you met this special guy!" Hoseok pointed at Seokjin
who felt awkward.

"We..." For a moment Namjoon got lost in Seokjin's gaze. "It's a long story we wouldn't want to bore you with, boys." Seokjin warmly smiled, understanding the reference Namjoon made to when they first met.

~~~

"It's a very long story that I wouldn't want to bore you with."

~~~

The day went on normally. Namjoon tried pushing the thought of those men finding him way to the back of his head, to a point where he forced himself to focus on something less
stressing.

He looked at his surroundings. Everything to him was so surreal, he never imagined that Hoseok and Yoongi knew each other. He was happy to see the two boys were having a fun
time talking to each other while he was in his own little world with Seokjin.

Yoongi spoke about a topic that involved taking Hoseok to the hospital he worked in to help him in anything he needed. Hoseok accepted his help.

"Dr. Kim, you've been the biggest help to me in years. It's almost as if you were a guardian angel sent to save me." Hoseok chuckled.

"It's not that big of a deal, Hobi. You're more than my patient, you're my best friend. I couldn't just leave you there. Hey Yoongi, take good care of my patient, alright?" Yoongi looked at Namjoon and gave him a hug.

"Thanks for brining me back my childhood friend, Namjoon. I'll make sure to always take care of him." He pulled away from the hug, then went to Hoseok's side.

"Seokjin, I want to apologize for the trouble I caused you when I was high on anesthesia. I was wondering if we could ever be friends?" Seokjin nodded.

"Of course we can." Despite trusting the two boys, Seokjin refused to show either one of them his mouth. He knew Hoseok had seen him without his mask, but then again, the man himself admitted he was too high off of the anesthesia to remember anything else, so his identity was still safe.

Namjoon wrapped his arm around Seokjin's shoulders while watching Yoongi and Hoseok leave, happily.

"There they go. I'm so proud of you. You saved all of us, I wouldn't have been able to help Hoseok on my own." Seokjin ran his sharp nails across Namjoon's face, caressing him softly.

They had no plans for today. Namjoon was considering quitting his job and never returning ever again, just to keep Seokjin by his side and out of harm. So that day he called and notified his boss that he couldn't continue working there due to an emergency.

"An emergency? What happened, if you don't mind me asking." The man sounded very disappointed.

"You see..." Namjoon spun around, thinking of what excuse he could make.

"I found another job nearby, and I couldn't let this offer slip away from my hands." He hoped the man wouldn't ask him anything else.

"But nothing happened with you during the time you worked here, right?" The man was very nervous, just like the last time he spoke to him over the night shift.

"No, sir. Nothing out of the norm." He winked at Seokjin, placing his hand over his lap.

"Alright then. Just come and pick your things up from the office." Namjoon agreed.

He hung up the phone, swinging his sweater over his shoulders.

"Are you troubled by anything that man told you?" His attention turned to Seokjin who was staring at him with concern.

"Nothing to worry about. I'm just going to pick up a few things at my office, then leave. For good." Namjoon reassured him. Seokjin watched as he left.

"If anything happens, let me know." He gave him his phone and took an old phone he had that was still active. He figured his phone would be easier for Seokjin to use, rather than his old phone which was far more complicated to understand. "Be safe." Seokjin spoke.

He nodded, locking the door before leaving Seokjin on his own for about an hour and a half.

~One hour later~

The doctor arrived once more to the hospital, feeling very skeptical and insecure. He left his car far from the underground parking. Even if he had to walk longer than usual to reach it, he would rather take the long walk to find his vehicle than to run the risk of getting noticed by any of the men who were chasing him yesterday.

"I'll just get to my office, get my things and go."

The doctor gathered up everything that was in his office: his personal belongings, important documents, ect. Then packed everything in his suitcase and closed the office door behind him. He was anxious to leave and head back home.

"What could Seokjin be up to at the moment..."