11 ⸸

"Oh, you're here? I didn't see your car in the spot you usually park it, so I thought you had taken a night off, called in sick, maybe saw- I'm just glad to have you back." Bohwa strangely laughed.

Namjoon played along.

"A doctor can't get sick after just a few days of working on his new job. Unless there's a 'reason' I should be. Tell me, Dr. Lee, is there a reason I should be sick? Hmm?" Bohwa stayed silenced as Namjoon realized his skin color was even changing.

"That's not what I meant at all."

"Well, see you around. Friend." The doctor teased, coldly walking away from the man.

"What a fake friend." Namjoon thought while he paced around the hospital until he went to the only real friend he trusted, Jung Hoseok.

"Hoseok? Hi, how are you feeling?" Namjoon's warm smile was the only one Hoseok smiled back to. It made Namjoon feel happy every time he saw his patient was getting better and better every time he would visit him.

"Oooh, if it isn't the famous Dr. Kim." Hoseok jokes, giving Namjoon a bro hug.

The doctor's facial expression changed when he looked at his papers.

"The nurse said that you've been having unusual pain in your back and that the medication hasn't been working for your panic attacks."

The brown haired male sadly agreed.

"Indeed. I don't know what it is, Doctor. My back is in pain all of the time, and I know it isn't normal." He frowned.

"Can you describe the pain to me? Is it a sharp and poking pain, a spasm, a shooting pain. Tell me exactly what you feel."

"It feels like a burning pain, and every time I take a shower, the soap reaches my back and it stings me a lot. Then at night when I'm about to sleep, the pain gets much worse."

Namjoon took some notes and wrote down everything his patient was feeling.

"Let me examine your back for a minute." The patient agreed. Namjoon was shocked when Hoseok exposed his back.

There were red scratch marks everywhere, from his shoulders to his lower back. No wonder the poor guy was in such pain.

"Doctor, you have a new email. It's from patient Lu Crystal." Namjoon nodded. The nurse closed the door and made Hoseok jump.

"Wow, you have a lot of red and purple scratches all around your back. Do you know what could be causing them? Did you injure yourself with anything recently?" Namjoon saw the look in Hoseok's eyes.

The same look Bogeom gave him right after Yoona left the room.

"What is it, Hoseok? What have they done to you here." Namjoon whispered.

Hoseok gulped, feeling a lump in his throat.

"They torture us here, and some of the older patients even spread rumors about their hidden lab with mutated humans. Some of them are so old, yet look like they haven't aged a day. One woman who actually snuck inside of that place the day those crazy people locked up about ten patients, told me that she saw them experimenting with three. One of them was called Kim S. She said that the poor guy was tricked into thinking that he was going to be cured of his illness if the doctors ran a few tests on him. One test lead him to the lab, another lead him to a machine, and the next thing he knew, he was taken away and locked up inside of a dark room. Legend has it that he's still alive and locked up somewhere around that lab."

~~~

With that information in his head, Namjoon was relieved to know a small part about Patient XXX's life.