86 ⸸

"Don't say anything." Seokjin didn't dare to turn around, hearing Namjoon's real voice telepathically communicating with him assured him that the man was okay, but what alarmed him was the fact that he answered to a strange and familiar sounding voice that didn't belong to Namjoon's.

A dark black cloud of smoke slithered next to the two men, they didn't move in case it would only worsen the current situation they were facing. The cloud was slowly molding
into a person. A person both vampires knew very well.

"Even in the afterlife we can't escape from you, can we?" Namjoon held Seokjin's arm, urging the vampire to go behind him.

"You can no longer cause us harm. You are in our territory now, which makes "us" the threat, and "you" the victim." Seokjin stood by Namjoon. A loud cackle echoed through the entire forest. The laugh was demonic, full of evil and the bad intentions that were accompanied with it.

The shadow approached them, grabbing Seokjin by the neck. Seokjin dragged his pupils towards Namjoon; the man was also getting tormented by something affecting his blood cells, causing him to drop to his knees on the ground.

That unknown entity was stronger than both of the vampires. The man was struggling to move from the small hill he seemed to be attached to from how heavy his muscles felt. But he just couldn't find the strength to drag his limbs to help himself up, aside of that,
Seokjin was also immobilized by the shadow who was cutting off his oxygen supplies.

Namjoon gathered up his muscle pain and turned his pain into anger, allowing his blood to boil up to increase the bloodstream. Once the man was able to strengthen himself and get up from the ground, he swung his fist at the unknown entity.

The entity didn't even react to the impact of Namjoon's fist against its face, it was still holding onto Seokjin who was also kicking the thing with a strong force and even biting it.

Namjoon found a large tree branch and was able to pry Seokjin off of the shadow by roughly swinging the branch at its abdominal wall. While the shadow crouched down, Namjoon hold onto Seokjin.

"Run back home and get weapons, I'll keep it distracted." Seokjin took off, making his way out of the woods as fast as possible. He found the house and opened the front door. His hands were shaking as well as his entire body, he was coughing from the shortness of breathe he experienced when he was being forcefully held up by his throat in the air.

He didn't have time to catch his breathe before he was scavenging for any possible sharp objects that could work as weapons. The first place he searched for was the kitchen and gathered up two of the sharpest knives that could easily cut through anybody's skin.

The vampire decided to grab a small backpack to put his weapons away in it before he hurriedly ran back out of the house to head back into the woods. This way he could make sure that he had enough weapons for both he and Namjoon to fight against their threat.

"Namjoon, where are you?" Seokjin's vision blurred while he unconsciously walked around the forest, finding Namjoon and the entity standing face to face with each other.

"You shouldn't have followed us here. Everything was fine until you came along." He had his fists fisted tightly into a ball, Seokjin could see Namjoon's nails slowly digging deeply into his own palms as the entity stood there grining.

"I'll make your life a living Hell for what you did to my friend and I. I'll avenge us both."

Seokjin approached the two entities, handing his backpack to Namjoon so he could hide it while he tried to distract the other entity.

"Can't you see, darling? You're already in Hell." He spoke, his voice dark and intimidating.

"You are in our territory now."

"Umm, "our"? I believe you've forgotten who you truly are, Kim Namjoon. You aren't a vampire. You are nothing but a mere human who wanted to become a hero by saving the lives of sick people. Isn't that why they call you "Doctor Kim", don't you miss that life you had?" The shadow was using reverse psychology on Namjoon, and the man was slowly falling into its trap.

"He who desired to save the lives of the injured, ended up hurt himself." The entity tilted Namjoon's neck with no hesitation, exposing his scar of where Seokjin had bitten him.

"Look at how scarred this visious demon left you."

"The only demon here is you, sir." Seokjin held a knife behind his back, trying to distract the entity's mind by playing tricks on him to make him feel confused.

Namjoon bowed his head down, seeming defeated by the shadow. Seokjin took the chance to grab the shadow by its neck, holding a blade up to his throat.

"I wear this scare as a badge of honor, the honor that no profession could ever give me the pleasure of having. I haven't forgotten who I am." He walked toward the shadow.

"You just envy me because I became better than who I was before. I have the bloodline of a vampire, a bloodsucking vampire. However, you? You're nothing." Namjoon's words were causing the shadow as much pain as the cold, metal knife that was slowly being pressed into its throat.

Seokjin looked at Namjoon.

"What punishment will be bestowed upon it, master?" His eyes were daggered on the shadow.

"Don't kill it yet, Seokjin." Seokjin removed the knife from the entity's throat, holding him down with all of the force he had in him to prevent it from moving.

"Let's bring it to our playground, so we could play a little game." Seokjin obeyed Namjoon
as both of them dragged the shadow to a dark and creepy, yet colorful playground. It gave the shadow chills, the way everything appeared was far too graphic.

"This is the place your friend used to bring me to play in when I was just a little boy. He used to leave me in here with mental kids who would scream loudly... That was, until one day, I silenced their voices for all eternity." Seokjin dragged his knife, pointing at the bloody swing set.

The chains of the swings were bloody and rusted. The slides were broken halfway, with shoe prints marked deeply onto the ground.

"These were made the day I became aggravated by a small child. You could have followed in the child's footsteps... However, we've prepared something special for you." Seokjin smirked.

Namjoon peered over his shoulder, staring at the shadow.

"We're going to play a game called Hangman, the best part is that you're going to be the main character! How exciting is that?" He grabbed the shadow, carrying its limp body to a weeping willow tree.

The shadow kept fighting against Namjoon yet ended up tied to a tree by his neck.

"This is a six letter word that you must fill in if you wish to live. The slower you answer, the tighter the rope gets. If you answer wrong three times, then your neck will be chopped off, so choose your answers very wisely. Seokjin, tie him." Seokjin tied the rope to the shadow's neck, earning a growl from it.

"This should be interesting."