Silenced

Hey guys! I'm back with a new oneshot! I saw this post by the wonderful tumblr Langsty-mc-langstface go check them out. They write some of the best angst ever.

This oneshot is based off of the post in the pictures below.

Warning: May contain some triggering content

~Lance's POV~

I sigh and walk away from Shiro, my hands shoved into my pockets. I walk to my room, sitting on my bed and rubbing my temples.

"He's not sorry... no one's sorry... m-maybe I should... yeah... I should do that." I say, my brain moving a million miles a minute with my dark thoughts.

'How to do it? Via pod? No, they'll notice right away... I could lie to Coran and ask him to remove it but then he'd feel terrible...' I think, looking to my nightstand.

'It'd be painful... I'll just go to a pod tonight and program it to think they're a disease or something...' I think.

Hours passed slowly until I finally got up out of bed and snuck to the pod room, pulling up the screen on one of them and programming it the way I needed to. (Despite what everyone thinks, lance can program stuff to an extent)

I then step into the pod, closing my eyes as the cover materialized.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning I walked to breakfast and walked silently to get some food, eating in silence since no one had noticed me yet. After breakfast, Keith approached me, his brows furrowed.

"Hey, Lance, are you okay? You haven't said anything." He asks. I nod, throwing on a fake smile. He just shrugs and walks away.

A sigh of relief leaves my mouth and I walk to the training room for team training.

I act cocky throughout training, still remaining silent. (anyone have a guess as to what he did yet?)

The rest of the quintant went by without a problem, then came dinner time.

I walk into the mess hall and sit down, recieving my portion of food goo and eating it until someone addressed me with a question I couldn't answer with a nod or shake of my head. I pop my head up and sigh softly.

"Lance? Are you going to answer Shiro?" asks Keith. I open my mouth and mouth. 'I can't.'

"What do you mean you can't? Did you somehow lose your voice in one night?" asks Pidge, getting irritated.

I nod.

"How? What did you do? Scream yourself to sleep?" asks Pidge. I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"I'm not going to deal with this." I mouth, getting up and walking to my room.

The next few days went by without a problem except for eveyone still thining I'd have my voice back. On the fifth day, they finally confronted me.

"Lance. We need to talk." says Shiro from behind me. I turn around and raise my brow.

"Did you really lose your voice or are you still mad at me?" He asks. I scoff and sigh.

"Not everything is about you." I mouth. Shiro gives me a shocked look. (The team of voltron is very good at lip reading in this one)

"Lance! Fucking talk to us!" Keith shouts. I 'laugh' a sound that would've been loud normally but it only came out as a few hissing breaths as everyone watched me.

"I'm surrounded by idiots." I mouth.

"You can find me in my room when you figure out what happened." I mouth, walking off. A few hours passed before Keith walked into my room and pinned me to the bed.

"Why the fuck would you do such a stupid thing?" He shouts, tears running down his face.

"You... you had to pod remove your voice box.. Why?!" He shouts. I roll my eyes and sigh.

"Shiro can tell you." I mouth, pushing Keith off of me.

"No, You tell me!"

"No one listens to me! So I figured, 'why not just stop talking all together?'" I write down, letting Keith read it. He gasps softly.

"Lance..."

"Don't." I mouth, sighing.

"C-can it be undone?" Keith asks.

"I don't know. I hope not." I mouth.

"Why?"

"I just told you." I mouth, getting up and sighing. I then pick up my pen and paper.

"I'm sorry you feel so strongly about this but this is my descision... I'm tired of being ignored. I'm not even going to try getting it undone. Not for a long time at least." I write, tossing it onto my bed and walking to Blue, crumbling to my knees once I got into her cockpit.

'What have I done?' I think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here you guys go! I hope you liked it! Thank you langsty-mc-langstface for letting me use your idea. I hope you like it!

Luv Y'all,
Erin Jaeger.