Why Do I Even Try?

This oneshot is loosely based off of how my day was going the day I got this idea.. I hope you guys enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Lance's POV~

I look at my mother, seeing how happy she was playing with my other siblings while I just sat in the background, unnoticed. I cooked dinner earlier and yet no one noticed when I didn't eat. My father was upset over some billing issues and had snapped at me, turning my already shitty day into complete hell. I grabbed my phone and checked for messages from my 'friends' but saw nothing. I sigh and stand, walking to my room and sitting on my bed. I share a room with my youngest brother, Marco but he's always at his friend's house so he's almost never in the room, making it the perfect place to go.

I grab the kitchen knife I had borrowed, staring at the serrated edge before pulling up my pant leg and pressing the blade into the flesh of my thigh. I put more pressure on it with my other hand and then slide the blade across the skin, smiling widely when I felt it cut through the flesh. I repeated this process four more times before looking at my scarred thigh, seeing the contrast between the pale scars and the bright red of the fresh cuts. I dab away any blood and pull my pant leg back down, sitting down on my bed. I hear scratching and whining at my door and get up reluctantly before opening the door to let my dog, Blue into my room. She hops up onto the high bed without any problem which is surprising due to her size. I sit back on my back and she crawls into my lap, licking at my arm while she looked up at me cutely. I pet her ears gently.

"Hey girl..." I mumble. She puts her paws on my chest, standing on her hind legs so she could lick my jaw. I push her down.

"No face." I say softly, kissing her forehead. She only huffed and went to lay in her little 'nest' at the foot of my bed.

"Guess you hate me now, eh Blue?"

"Don't worry... I hate me too." I whisper, my phone vibrating. I open it up and unlock it, seeing a text from my friend, Keith.

Samurai: Hey, sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with work and school and such.

Me: Don't worry about it. I understand.

Samurai: Anyways, hru?

Me: I'm fine. :) Wby?

Samurai: Meh, could be better.

Me: Wanna talk about it?

Samurai: Well... you see, I have this crush on a guy at school but he's been flirting with the head cheerleader and I don't even think he notices me. I feel a painful pang in my heart at that but I knew that Keith would never even think about going out with me.

Me: Awe, I'm sorry... I'm not really good with advice in that department.

Samurai: It's alright. I'll live.

Me: Okay..

Samurai: What's up?

Me: What do you mean?

Samurai: You put two periods and not just one, what's up?

Me: Nothing. I'm fine. :D

Samurai: Something about that sentence makes me dounbt you.

Me: Don't doubt me. I'm fine, so don't worry about me and just go chase the man of your dreams.

Samurai: You sure?

Me: Yeah, now go!

Samurai: Okay. Talk to you later.

Me: Okay.

I sigh and throw my phone onto the bed beside me, biting my lip. I grab my sketchbook and open it to the first blank page. I grab my pencil and start to draw. I lost myself in my drawing for a while before I finally stopped to see what I had drawn. It was a picture of a person huddled in the corner of a room with a noose hanging in front of the window. Through the noose was a picture of a beautiful sky whereas outside the window was just darkness. I hum. (I have actually drawn something like this but it looks like shit.)

I grab my colored pencils and start coloring it in. I hear my name being called and stand up, walking out of my room and leaving the door cracked open so Blue could come out if she wanted to.

"Yeah?"

"Do you have dishes going?" My mother asks. I sigh and shake my head, walking to the kitchen. I empty the dishwasher and fill it back up before walking back out to the living room.

"Anything else?" I ask dully.

"Not that I can think of."

"Okay. I'm going back to my room. C'mon Blue!" I say, walking into my room. My dog stayed outside of the door, looking at me. I sigh and slam the door shut, walking to my bed and sitting down on it, coloring my drawing. Once I finished, I signed my work and shut my sketchbook.

"This'll be me soon." I mumble, walking into my closet and looking at the rope I had hung up in there. I step up on the stool and tie the rope around my neck. I take a few deep breaths and step off the stool, gasping for air for a few seconds before everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There ya go, I hope you guys liked it! just to clear up some things. This is not my actual life. This is just how I felt one day. My IRL friends rarely talk to me so Keith isn't really based off of anyone. that being said, I hope you guys enjoyed the angst and remember, requests are open!

Luv y'all,
Erin Jaeger