Safety Plan

This oneshot is based off of something that my phsycologist had me do. It's called a safety plan. It's like a plan for when you start to feel depressed. The steps will be explained as the oneshot goes along. I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Lance's POV~

1: Warning Signs

I sigh, watching as the team conversed with each other, completely forgetting that I was there. I guess I don't even belong on the team. Maybe they hate me because I always screw up on missions. Maybe they hate me because I'm the worst paladin ever. Maybe they hate me because... they just hate me.

I stand up, dumping my plate in the disposal before walking to my room. I scratch my wrist subconsciously before realizing what I was doing. I sit on my bed and grab the little safety plan I wrote out for myself for when I get depressed. It works... sometimes.

2: Activities (Distractions)

I grab my headphones and start up my music, humming softly as I listened. I tapped my foot lightly, rocking back and forth slightly. I paused my music when Keith walked into my room. I look up at him.

"What do you want?" I ask, pulling my knees up to my chest. He looked at me, sitting next to me.

"I'm just a bit worried Lance. You've been randomly leaving during meals a lot lately and you seem less...." He thought of a word for a moment.

"Spunky... I think that's the right word... anyways... I just wanted to know what's wrong."

"It's nothing Keith. Really." I say, offering up a small smile. He sighed.

"I know that's a lie Lance. Please, talk to me." He says. I sigh.

"I'm fine Keith. Damn." I say, standing. Fuck, now all my progress is down the drain. The thoughts are back. I pace my room, biting my knuckle slightly. Keith got up and stopped me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Talk to me, please Lance."

"Why the hell do you care anyways?! You didn't seem to care when I was being left out of every important conversation at dinner. You didn't seem to care when I was left out at the team meeting today. You didn't seem to care when I was left out of team training! So why the fuck do you care now?!" I shout, glaring at Keith grabbed my shoulders roughly.

"I care because I fucking love you dammit!!" He shouts, his indigo eyes meeting mine. I gasp, gulping slightly as I looked away.

"R-really? Y-you love me?" I ask softly. Keith removes his hands from my shoulders and backs off, nodding softly.

"Yes..." He mumbles, looking at his feet. I bite my lip and look at him.

"W-wanna train and talk about it?" I ask softly. He nods.

3: Contributing (do something nice for someone)

We walked to the training deck and I sighed, looking at Keith as we both activated our bayards.

"Ready?" He asks. I nod.

"Activate training level one." Keith says. Level one was easy and the training bot was down in a matter of seconds. Level two started on command and Keith and I both took down the bots as we conversed.

"So, when did you learn you were... y'know... gay?" I ask, looking at Keith as level three started.

"Shortly after I joined the garrison. What about you? What's your sexuality?" He asks, striking down one bot with his sword while I shot down the other two.

"I think I'm bisexual. I don't know." I say, gasping when my bayard was knocked out of my hands. Keith grabbed it and ran the bot in front of me through with his sword.

"Ready to stop?" He asks, having me pinned in a corner. I blush and duck away from him.

"S-sure." I whisper. Keith nods.

"End training sequence." He says, watching me. I look at him and take a deep breath.

"What is it?" He asks, looking into my eyes.

"Nothing... hey Keith, um..."

"Yeah?"

"W-wanna... get a bite to eat? I kinda skipped dinner..." I mumble, blushing.

"Sure." He says, smiling.

4: Comparisons

I sigh, thinking. I mean like, there are some people who have it worse than me, right? No... I'm millions of light years away from home. Away from my family. Away from the ocean, the sunrise. I look at Keith and sigh.

5: Emotions (create a different emotion to distract yourself)

I jogged a bit to walk next to Keith.

"H-hey Keith... y'know... I-I think I might like you back... I think I have for some time now... ever since the garrison... Y-you were always the best at everything... always so cool..." I blush slightly when he puts his finger against my lips.

"Qu-quiet." He says, his normally pale face a bright red. I smile softly.

"Hey Keith... would y-you like to be my boyfriend?" I ask shyly, looking at him as I scratched the back of my neck. He smiles.

"Of course." Keith whispers. I smile and bite my lip.

"Is it okay if I k-kiss you?" I whisper. He nods, looking at me. I bend down slightly and gently kiss his lips. When we pulled back, I smiled softly and gently took his hand in mine, walking to the dining hall.

6: Pushing Away (push the negative thoughts out of your mind temporarily)

I smile, closing my eyes as I imagined my negative thoughts in a prisoner pod and ejecting them into space. No more bad thoughts for today.

7: Thoughts (Create new thoughts to replace the bad ones)

I look at Keith as we both sat down with a plate of food goo.

'He's mine. My first ever real relationship and it's with a guy... but he's more beautiful than any girl I've met...' I think to myself, eating my food goo as I watched Keith. He noticed me staring and smirked a bit.

"Take a picture. It'll last longer." He jokes. I playfully pout.

"Why take a picture when I want you to be mine forever?" I ask softly, a genuine smile on my face. Keith blushes.

"Sh-shut up." He mutters, eating his food goo. I chuckle and eat my own food goo, thinking about Keith. Once we both finished our food, we washed out dishes and went to the observation deck. Keith sat down and I sat next to him, smiling as we looked at the stars.

7: Sensations (intensify other sensations) {Not like that you dirty minded people} [I say that in the nicest way possible]

Keith looked over at me, catching me looking at him. He smiled and wrapped his arm around me, pulling me against his side. I smile, a feeling of safety and security washing over me as I closed my eyes, unknowingly falling asleep on Keith's lap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay. I decided to lighten the angst for this one and give you guys a tiny bit of angst but a bunch of fluff. The final (hopefully not required) step on the list is to call 911 or a crisis center number. But only if the rest of the steps aren't working. Call your local suicide hotline! Please do not hurt yourselves or kill yourselves. I love you guys. And I thank you for reading my books. Thank you for making me feel like part of the wattpad family. *gives giant hugs to all* (And thank you guys for 700 followers!) {And happy birthday to my angsty baby, Lance McClain}

Luv y'all,
Erin Jaeger