Unimportant

~Lance's POV~

I sigh as I walk behind the group, listening to everyone's conversation but not piping up because it would result in me getting yelled at. I sat down next to Keith at the dinner table and sigh. I watched Hunk serve dinner and sighed. When he stopped at me, I looked up at him.

"Just a tiny bit please Hunk... I'm not too hungry." I whisper. Hunk nods and gives me only half of a scoop. I thank him and take a small bite, ignoring the concerned look I got from Keith. I finished my small portion and scooted back.

"May I be excused?" I whisper. Allura nods and I walk away, walking to my room. I walk into my bathroom and shove two fingers down my throat, forcing the food I just ate back up. Once I finished heaving, I leaned back from the toilet and stood, walking to my room. I sat down on my bed and put my headphones on, blaring some music. I grab my small blade from mt bedside drawer and remove my shirt, looking for a section on my wrists where I could cut. I found none and looked down at my hips, smirking slightly. I started to drag the blade across my skin before my door chimed.

"One moment!" I shout, stopping the blood before putting my shirt and jacket back on. I walk to my door and press the door pad, looking at Keith.

"O-oh, hey Keith..." I whisper, looking away from him.

"Hey Lance... can I come in?" He asks. I nod and run to my bed, hiding my razor.

"So what brings you here?" I ask, sitting on my bed.

"I'm worried about you Lance... you seem to have lost your spirit... you never crack jokes anymore. You aren't eating hardly anything and you're avoiding everyone like the plague... are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." I say, flashing my most convincing fake smile. Keith frowned before nodding.

"Okay... but if you need to talk to somebody, you know where to find me." I nod and watch him leave. I pull up my shirt and cut my hips, making five cuts on each side. I then cleaned off the blade I was using and put it away, stopping the bleeding before rolling my shirt back down. I stood and walked to the bathroom, wrapping bandages around my hips to hide my self-inflicted wounds. I yawned and stretched, falling asleep.

~Keith's POV~

I sigh, waiting for Lance to show up for breakfast but he never did. I frowned and stood from the table, walking to his room. I knock on the door and it opens, walking in, I gasped. Lance laying on his bed, his knees pulled to his chest as blood stained the sheets underneath him. I rushed to his bedside to find that he was still very much awake and was holding a knife tightly in his hands, the tip pointed at his chest. My body acted befor my mind could process anything and I grabbed the knife away, throwing it across the room. Lance looked up at me, startled before his eyes went wide and he clutched his head.

"N-no! NO! I-I n-need to die!" He scream.

"I need to f-finish!!!" I gently grab his wrists, putting pressure on the deep cuts while also restraining Lance.

"I need some help down here!" I shout into my communicator.

"Where are you Keith?" asks Hunk.

"Lance's Room! Hurry!" I shout, scared for Lance. If he died he would never know how I truly feel about him. If he died, I wouldn't be able to live with myself. I held Lance close as I waited for help to arrive, crying softly against his back. Once Hunk arrived, he helped me to carry Lance to the medical bay. I helped Hunk place him in a pod and watched as the glass slid to cover him. I fell to my knees and pressed my forehead agaisnt the pod, tears streaming down my face. Hunk kneeled down next to me.

"Hey, Keith... thank you... you sensed something was wrong before anyone else did a-and if you hadn't gone to check on him..." Hunk paused and took a shakey breath.

"We should've paid more attention to him... he was depressed and none of us noticed... except for you... s-so thank you... thank you for saving my friend." He whispers, patting my back before getting up and leaving. I shakily stood and stumbled to Lance's room to clean up the blood. After a few hours, I finished before walking to take a shower.

Once I finished in the shower, I walked back to the Medical Bay with a blanket and a pillow. I set the pillow on the ground next to Lance's pod and laid down on the hard ground, pulling the blanket over myself as I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After two quintants in the pod, Lance woke up. I watched as he stumbled to the door, mumbling to himself. I got up and followed him to Red's hangar, watching as he screamed and kicked anything and everything her could find.

"Dammit!!! Why couldn't he just let me fucking die Red? Why?! I need to die!!" He shouts, then falling to his knees.

"And he took my fucking blade! I can't even cut myself anymore." He says, pulling his knees to his chest.

"Y'know Red... I-I love Keith b-but... how could I tell him... 'Oh hey Keith! How's your day going? Did you know that I don't hate your fucking guts? That I actually... love you...'" He says, then sighing.

"He'd probably hate me more." He whispers. I step out of my hiding place.

"I-I don't hate you Lance..." I whisper. He looked at me.

"Oh so ruining my one chance of getting away wasn't enough so now you had to go and eavesdrop on my personal conversation?!" Lance asks coldly.

"I'm sorry... I-I just d-didn't want to risk losing you..." I whisper. "I damn near did two days ago..." I say, walking up to him and hugging him gently.

"I-I love you, Lance." I whisper. He gasps, his arms hesitantly resting on my back.

"I-I love you too Keith." He says, burying his face in my neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here you guys go! Another oneshot! (It was supposed to be finished yesterday but my mind kinda went 'bloop') I hope you guys enjoyed it!

Luv y'all,
Erin Jaeger