Killing Me Slowly

~Lance's POV~

I sigh, my heart shattering to a million pieces when I saw Keith smiling and kissing Shiro, completely ignoring the fact I was right there. I sneak out of the room and rush to the training room.

"Start training level 19!" I shout, blinking back the tears. The bot appears in front of me and I lunge at it, punching it in its robotic face before getting knocked back. The physical pain couldn't even compare to the emotional pain I was in right now. After a few more levels, I stopped the training sequence and went to go shower. I turn the water on one of the hottest settings I could withstand before climbing in, hissing when the hot water touched my freshly earned wounds. I scrub at my skin and sigh, closing my eyes. An image of Keith and Shiro kissing flashed behind my eyelids and I opened my eyes, scrubbing my skin harder and creating red marks before rinsing off, climbing out of the shower and drying off before getting dressed. I walk to my room and sit on my bed.

The hours passed by slowly while I lost myself in my self-deprecating thoughts. I skip dinner, opting to grab my blade and sit in the bathroom while I made several cuts on my wrists and thighs. The floor beneath me was covered in blood by the time I finished but it didn't really bother me. I let the blood drip onto the floor until I felt faint before I wrapped my wounds, cleaning the blood. I then stumble to my bed, laying down and falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months, months turned into a year. It had been a whole year since Shiro and Keith got together and no one had noticed... anything, really. Alarms blared and I ran to my Lion, flying into the fight. Everyone was arguing and screaming over the communicators, trying to figure out what to do. I take notice of the Ion canon on the nearest ship charging up and try to alert everyone, especially Keith, who's lion was right in the line of fire. I panic and rush forward, slamming Keith out of the way just in time. The beam struck Blue and I cried out. Everyone shouted at me, not even worried, just upset for me risking my life. I sigh softly and grunt when Blue entered the nearest planet's atmosphere.

I crash landed on the planet's surface and cried out, being knocked from my seat. I hit the side of the cockpit and cried out, feeling something snap. I cradle my broken arm and pant softly, looking to see tht my arm was bent in an odd angle. I stand and pat my chair.

"Rest up girl." I mumble, walking out onto the planet's surface.

"Lance! Lance where are you?!" shouts Shiro over the communicator. I opted not to respond.

"Lance, answer us dammit!" Keith shouts not long after Shiro. I take a deep breath and open my mouth to respond, only to be shot at by a Galran sentry. I materialize my Bayard and fire at the sentry before collapsing with my back against Blue.

"Lance! Fucking answer me!" Shouts Keith. I cough, blood spattering on the inside of my helmet. I look down to see the wound on my stomach. I smiled softly. Finally.

"H-hey guys..." I choke out.

"Lance! Where are you?!" asks Shiro. I cough.

"I-I'm on the planet's surface...*cough*... I-I've been hit... it's b-bad... I'm not gonna make it." I mumble, my body racked with a harsh coughing fit which caused my wound to flare up in pain.

"Lance, hang in there! We'll be there soon!" shouts Keith. I laugh loudly before coughing harshly, more blood coating my helmet.

"Why bother? I-I'm dying... shouldn't you be happy?" I ask, coughing.

"Lance, what're you talking about?"

"Shiro and Keith, the universe's favorite couple... *cough*... You never even had time to notice me... the seventh wheel... *cough, cough*... On this d-day... one year ago, I was going to confess my feelings to you... Keith Kogane... *COUGH*... But all I was met with was rejection and heartbreak... for your heat already belonged to a different man... I-I ho-ope you're happy... *cough*... Enjoy your life with Shiro, when you get to Earth, tell me mother what happened, how you slowly killed me... *cough*... I distanced myself from the team for a whole year and nobody n-no-noticed- *cough, COUGH*- I was slowly dying... slowly killing myself because of you... I hope you're happy..." I break off in a fit of coughing before speaking again.

"Enjoy y-y-your life with Shiro... get married... adopt kids..." I cough, my vision blurring with tears.

"Goodbye... this is Lance McClain, seventh wheel of Voltron... signing off..." I mumble before my vision went completely black and I stopped breathing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Keith's POV~
~Four Years Later!~

I sigh, smiling down at the little boy in my arms. I look up at the woman who birthed him.

"Thank you... so much... you did great." I say softly, thanking the surrogate. She smiled softly at me.

"What're you going to name him?" She asks.

"Lance... Lance Shirogane..." I whisper, gazing down at the baby in my arms as he cooed softly in his sleep.

"That's a lovely name Keith..." She whispers. I smile and hug her. The woman who had birthed mine and Shiro's first child was Lance's oldest sister, the only one from his family who didn't hate me.

"I'm sure Lance would be honored." She says, noticing the sad look in my eyes.

"Either that or he'd hate me." I mutter softly. Shiro rushes into the room, still in his work uniform.

"Sorry I missed it! I'm here!" He shouts, his white hair messy. I chuckle softly and kiss his lips gently.

"It's alright... he's here, Shiro... meet our son, Lance Shirogane." I whisper. Shiro smiles, his left hand reaching to gently touch the infant's cheek.

"Hello there little guy..." He whispers, smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There you guys go! I hope you liked this oneshot!

Luv y'all,
Erin Jaeger