Home

This oneshot is based off of an episode in season... 6 I believe. (my memory is shot). The amount of angst in the scene where Keith gets out of the pod is so much and I wanted to write my version of what Lance does. So it's not comepletely based off of the episode. (I do not on Voltron or the characters)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Lance's POV~

I sigh, looking at the picture of Keith on my wall. I miss him so much. He's been on a mission with the Blade of Marmora for the past two years. Without him, I feel more depressed than ever. I have even considered suicide many times. Then, I was called to the command center to find that they had detected an old Altean pod heading for the castle. They got a response to the hailing frequency they sent out and Keith's face appeared in the air on one of the projected screens.

(A/N: I made it so the time Keith spent in the abyss is the same at the castle. Don't yell at me please)
~~~~~~~~~~~

We rushed to the pod bay to meet him.

"How do we know you're really Keith?" I joke.

"I don't have time for your stuff right now Lance!" Keith snaps. I give a soft, dejected sigh.

"Hey everybody! Keith's back!" I say. Keith just ignored me and started asking about Lotor.

I sneak out of the room and sit on my bed, taking down the picture. I crumple it up and throw it at the wall with a scream of anguish. I pull my knees up to my chest, holding my head in my hands as I sob. I can't believe I stayed alive for that fucking asshole. I grab my razor which I hadn't used since Keith and I got together and he found out about my cutting. I let a few tears fall and cut down the center of my wrist deeply. I took a sigh of relief when I saw the blood start to gush from the wound. A chime sounded at me door and I stumbled towards the door, my vision getting blurry. I fell to the ground, unconscious.

~Keith's POV~

I waited for a reply from Lance after I pressed the 'door bell' but all I got was a thud like something falling to the ground. I gasp and open the door, seeing Lance laying on the ground, his wrist bleeding profusely. I run to him and put pressure on the wound. I activate my wrist communicator.

"Someone help me please! Coran get a pod ready!" Chatter went up but I ignored it, trying to keep Lance alive. Hunk arrived first and helped me carry Keith to the medical bay where Coran was waiting by a pod with everyone else. They watched in horror as I placed Lance in the pod. The top materialized around him and everyone looked at me.

"What happened?" asks Shiro.

"What the fuck do you think happened?! He tried to fucking kill himself Shiro!" I shout, getting into the taller male's face. Allura stepped in between us and set a hand on my chest.

"Why did he try to kill himself Keith?"

"I don't know! We can ask him when he gets out of the pod!" I shout. Allura flinched back slightly and backed off. I sigh and walk back to Lance's room, cleaning up the blood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week passed before Lance's pod hissed open and he slumped forward. I caught him and held him close.

"Keef?" He mumbles, rubbing his eyes. I smile softly.

"Hey baby." I whisper, kissing his head. His eyes then widened as he remembered everything. He looked around at everyone and hung his head in shame.

"Lance... we're worried about you... why did you try to kill yourself?" asks Shiro.

"I-it's not your guys' business. I gotta talk to Keith... alone... it's something between us." Lance says. Everyone nodded in understanding.