I've Got You

~Lance's POV~

We were in the midst of battle with a more primitive culture under Galran control when I noticed Keith was taking heavy fire. I ran over to him and fought a few off before turning to him, smiling.

"Don't worry Keith. I got-" I was cut off, two spears cutting through my armor, only unfortunately went through my heart while the other went through my side. I coughed and looked down at the points of the weapons, my eyes wide. Keith jumped forward.

"No! NO! LANCE!" He shouts, cradling me in his arms.

"No... Lance... I-I love you." He whispers. I reach up and touch his cheek weakly.

"I love you too... mullet." I choke out. He places a gentle kiss to my lips and I smile, my world going black.

~Keith's POV~

"No... Lance..." I whisper, feeling him go limp in my arms.

"Keith what's-" Shiro cut himself off when he saw my dead boyfriend in my arms.

"Oh..." He whispers, covering his mouth. The rest of the team gathered around, watching me as I carefully stood, Lance in my arms.

"Hey, Keith-"

"Just shut up." I snap at Shiro, carrying Lance to Red. I sat in my seat with him on my lap, flying back to the castle. Allura and Coran met up with me in the corridor.

"Keith what happened?" asks Allura before her eyes landed on my boyfriend's corpse.

"Quiznak." Mutters Coran, tears welling up in his eyes. This was hard for him especially. Lance was like a son to him.

"H-he threw himself in front of me but he didn't realize there was still two other soldiers in hiding.... h-he got shot... He's dead!" I shout, crying. Coran gently hugged me.

"Let's get him to a pod..."

"W-we need to download his memories into the castle." Allura says, leading me to a row of cryopods. We removed the spears from Lance's torso and laid him in it. About three vargas later, the memory transfer was complete and we closed off the pod. We had to get back to Earth to bury him. To give his family closure. I kiss the glass of the pod and let a tear drip down my face. I lift the paper airplane I made earlier and let it fly.

 I lift the paper airplane I made earlier and let it fly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annnd here you guys go. A lovey dovey/sad chapter. Credit goes to the wonderful minds behind the two pictures I posted. I hope you guys liked it!

Luv y'all,
Erin Jaeger