Who Did You Call?!

Ever since I saw this scenario I've wanted to write a oneshot for it. So I hope you enjoy it! (This will be a modern AU!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Keith's POV~

I sat outside of Lance's door, my ears tuned in to his voice.

"Hello? It's me, Lance again..."

'Again?!' I think, my brow furrowed before I ran to my room, sighing. So Lance is cheating on me? That's why he hasn't been talking to me? He wants to break up? I sigh and lay down in bed, falling into a restless sleep.

I woke up the next morning and walk out to see Lance sitting on the couch wearing his jacket, his favorite shirt, and a pair of my jeans. I stomp up to him.

"Who the fuck were you calling last night?!" I shout. Lance's eyes go wide, like a deer in head lights.

"N-no one! I swear!" He shouts, putting his hands up in surrender. I grab his collar.

"Don't fucking lie to me! 'Hello? It's me, Lance again' sure as hell doesn't sound like no one!" I shout. Lance's eyes flicked over to his phone and back to me. I let go of his shirt and grabbed his phone, hitting the redial button. As the phone rang, I watched Lance, seeing that he looked like he was about to have a panic attack.

"Suicide Hotline." Says a woman from the other side of the phone. I gasped softly, guilt flowing through me.

"I-I'm sorry... I hit the wrong button... have a nice day." I say, hanging up. Lance sank down to the ground, hugging his knees tightly.

"Lance... I'm sorry baby..." I whisper, kneeling down in front of him. No reply. I sigh and sit next to him, gently snaking a hand around his shoulders and pulling him onto my lap gently, rocking back and forth as I pet his hair.

"It's okay baby... it's okay." I whisper, trying to soothe my sobbing fiance. I held him tightly, kissing his head over and over again until he calmed down.

"Baby... wh-why didn't you just tell me something like this was happening again?" I ask softly, removing his jacket carefully before rolling up his sleeves, seeing the fresh cuts and the older scars on his arms.

"O-oh baby..." I whisper, gently placing a kiss on each cut and scar. Lance started to sob all over again, his body shaking from the force of his sobs.

"Lance, baby, talk to me... tell me about everything... I want to help you." I say, turning him to face me. Lance took a deep breath and let it out shakily.

"H-he found me again, Keith, h-he found me..."

"Who? Shiro?" I ask softly. He nods.

"What did he do this time?"

"H-he keeps coming to my job just to pick on me... but he's b-best friends w-with the owner s-so I c-can't tell anyone..." He whispers shakily. I hold him close.

"He keeps saying that I'm fat a-and ugly... a-and that you don't l-love me... Th-then, one d-day, I must've said something to make him m-mad b-because he threw his fresh coffee at me." Lance says, sniffling. I remembered him coming home that day but he just told me he had spilled some coffee at work. (He works at a cafe)

"Oh baby... I'm so sorry I can't be with you all day... why not just quit your job baby? I make enough money to support both of us." I say, looking at him.

"I-I don't wanna b-be useless." Lance whispers.

"You wouldn't be useless baby... just think, maybe when you decide you're ready... we could try for a baby and if you get pregnant then you'll get to stay home and care for our baby... and before then, you can start planning our wedding." I whisper, kissing his nose. His eyes lit up.

"S-so you're ready for the wedding now?" He asks. I chuckle.

"Yes sweetheart. We've been engaged since graduation and I think that four years is a long enough wait... we're both out of college now so we will have more wiggle room in our budget for wedding planning... I've even set aside a nice little amount so you can get that dress you've had your eye on forever."

"R-really?!" He asks, his face bright with happiness.

"Yes baby." I say. He hugs me tightly.

"Th-thank you Keith. You are the best soon-to-be husband anyone could ask for!" He says, peppering my face with kisses. I chuckle.

"You are the best soon-to-be wife ever... now. How about we take today off, you call your boss and tell her you quit, then we can cuddle and watch Netflix all day." I say, smiling.

"Okay!" Lance says, standing up quickly. I smiled, watching him. I was glad to see him so happy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aaannnddd another one with a happy ending... I must be losing my touch... Remember, requests are welcome! I will do my best to fulfill any requests anybody might have!

Luv y'all,
Erin Jaeger