Shared Pain

This is part 2 to 'The Strength of Love'! I hope you like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Lance's POV~

I look at Keith in disbelief, a hand on my large stomach as the babies kicked around unhappily.

"You... what?!" I shout, nearing tears.

"I'm joining the Blade of Marmora, Lance... I don't belong here as a paladin..." He says softly.

"But you do! You belong here with me! Wh-who's going to pilot the red lion while you're away?" I shout.

"Allura will find another paladin to fill in for me."

"No! No! I won't allow it!" I scream, crying. Keith goes to put a hand on my shoulder only for me to slap it away.

"You want to leave me? Leave the babies?! You said you wouldn't!" I sob, pacing the room.

"Lance... love..."

"No, don't 'love' me! Did you even bother to think of me, of the babies, when you made this decision?" I shout, tears streaming down my face.

"We'll still see each other periodically-"

"I don't want 'periodically'! I want you here! Why can't you see that??!!" I shout, sobbing.

"I love you, Lance... That hasn't changed. I can be more help with the Blade than I can be here... I'm sorry." Keith says, setting a hand on my shoulder. I sob and slap him across the face, storming out of the room. I waddled as fast as I could away from the room, sobbing loudly. Suddenly, the world began to spin and I fell, the world going black.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in a healing pod to see Coran waiting outside of it for me, his face showing concern for me. I stumbled out of the pod and into his fatherly embrace, looking around.

"Where is Keith?" I ask softly.

"He left for a mission with the Blade." Coran says softly, leading me to a chair to sit down. All the memories came back in one moment and I sobbed loudly, gripping Coran's jacket tightly.

"H-he left me!"

"Lance, he's just on a mission, he'll be back in a week or so."

"He left me for the Blade!" I shout, sobbing. I pull away from Coran's embrace and wobble to mine and Keith's room, throwing his pillows across the room.

"Why did you leave me?!" I shout, in hysterics. I collapse to the ground after while, hugging myself tightly.

"I-I should've known... h-he's just like any other galran..." I mumble, falling asleep.

~~~~~~Timeskip! To when Keith gets back after the Quantum Abyss!~~~~~

I wobble to the pod bay, looking at the familiar Galran who had left me a month ago, seeing his taller, more muscular form. Tears formed in my eyes when he looked at me and looked away, continuing his conversation with the other Paladins. I look at the Altean and gasp softly.

"A-an Altean?" She looks at me and her eyes widen.

"Who are you?" She asks, looking me over. I look down.

"N-no one of importance." I whisper, leading her to the med bay to get checked over.

A few hours later, I was sitting in the lounge with the cosmic wolf, petting his head gently to calm myself before Keith walked in.

"There you are." He says, looking at me. Or was he looking at the wolf? I don't know. He sits down on the other side of the wolf, patting his back gently.