'Just a Joke'

(Modern AU! Warning there will be a suicide attempt! If this might trigger you don't read it! <3)

~~~~~~

~Lance's POV~

I sigh, bandaging my wrists as water from my hair dripped down my back and shoulders. I tucked the end of the bandages in and dried my hair, combing it out before throwing on my favorite long sleeve shirt. Thank you winter for not having to have an excuse for wearing long sleeves. I throw on my jacket and walk outside, seeing that my boyfriend was waiting in his car for me. I throw on a fake smile and walk to his car, kicking the snow off my shoes before entering. I buckle and lean over to kiss him.

"Good morning." I say in a very cheerful voice. He smiles, his indigo eyes showing geinuine happiness.

"Morning. You all ready to go?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." I mutter, smiling. Keith and I are in our junior year of college at Altea University and tomorrow marks our seven-year anniversary of dating. I'm excited to see what he has planned, if he has planned anything but at the same time, I'm scared he'll forget.

When we arrived at the school, Keith and I walked into the building, holding each other's hands happily. We shared one more loving kiss before parting ways to go to our separate classes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stretched, walking out of my final class and walking to find Keith. I looked around, not seeing him which scared me. Had he forgotten me? Had he secretly moved on? Had he---

I was jolted out of my thoughts when Keith placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey babe, what are you thinking about?" He asks, concern in his indigo eyes. I  shake my head and smile.

"Nothing." I say, looking at him.

"Okay. Let's go home and get some hot cocoa started before the rest of the group comes over for study night." He says, smiling as he laced his fingers through mine, walking me to his car. My smile falls but I hide it behind my scarf which I had found in my backpack earlier. Keith opens my door for me and helps me in before going to the driver's side and climbing in, starting the car.

"So, my place?" I ask softly.

"Like always." Keith says.

"Okay." I whisper.

"Lance, is something bothering you?" Keith asks, looking at me. I smile and turn to look at him.

"No. I'm fine." I say, looking into his beautiful indigo eyes. Keith gives a skeptical look but shrugs it off, pecking my lips gently.

"Okay. But... study group will be held at your house until we can get our own place." He whispers, driving to my house. Once we arrived, I climbed out of the car, slinging my bag over my shoulder as I walked to my house. I sigh and grab my key, unlocking my door as I walked in.

"I gotta go clean up my room. I'll be back." I whisper. Keith nods and watches me ascend the stairs. I walked into my room and shut the door, cleaning up my room and hiding any evidence of my recent self harm. I did the same in my bathroom, taking the trash out afterwards. Keith was in the kitchen, preparing some hot cocoa for our study group. I walked up behind him and hugged him tightly.

"What do you want babe?" He asks softly. The way the question was phrased cut deep but I just pushed it away.

"I just want a kiss~" I say, looking at Keith. He turns around and gently kisses me, his soft lips pressed against my chapped ones. When he pulled away he smiled, brushing some of my hair back behind my ear.