Why?

This is another oneshot requested by ghost1643. I hope you guys like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Lance's POV~

I stare at the bright blue pills in the palm of my hand. Coran prescribed them to me to help me sleep and so that what they would do now. They'd finally do their job. I grab my glass of water and kick back the pills, swallowing them with a large gulp of water. I then stood up and exited my room, sighing as I walked the halls. I walk past Keith, my mind slowly growing foggy due to the pills taking effect. Keith calls out to me but I ignore him, walking towards Blue's hangar. I stumbled a bit, hearing as Keith ran to catch up to me.

~Keith's POV~

I see Lance stumble and run up to him, grabbing his shoulders and turning him to face me.

"Hey, Lance, are you-" I stopped my sentence when his eyes rolled to the back of his head and his body went limp, collapsing against me. I gasp and lift him up bridal style, carrying him to the medical bay where I found Coran cleaning the pods.

"Keith, my boy, what's going on?" He asks, looking at me.

"I need a pod for Lance, he fainted." I say, looking at the unconscious boy in my arms. Coran nods and helps me ease Lance into a pod. The pod hissed closed and a red triangle with an exclamation point in it appeared, alerting Coran to something wrong with Lance. He read the scan and covered his mouth with a gloved hand, tears brimming his eyes.

"What is it?" I ask softly.

"H-He's injested a large amount of sleeping pills... The pod can heal him, but it'll take about a week..." My brains stopped working after Coran finished his first sentence and my legs collapsed beneath me.

"N-no... Lance, why? Why? How could you do this to me?" I ask, starting to cry. Coran hugs me gently, rubbing my back.

"He'll be okay. He'll be okay." He says softly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Lance's POV~

My eyes open and I look around, watching the pod around me hiss open before stumbling into someone's arms. I look up to see Keith, his indigo eyes filled with tears.

"L-Lance-" I cut him off, weakly hitting his chest.

"WHY?? WHY DID YOU SAVE ME??!! WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST LET ME DIE?!?!" I shout, causing Keith's eyes to widen.

"I never asked to be saved! Who gave you that fucking right?! Who gave you the right to ruin my life?!" I scream.

"Lance, calm down." Keith whispers, trying to calm me. I shake my head.

"No! I never asked to be saved!!! You had NO RIGHT to do this to me!" I scream, sobbing. I collapse onto the floor.

"I wanted to die! Why couldn't you just let me have this one thing? One fucking thing! And you took that from me too! Why do you alsways take everything from me?!" I shout, looking at Keith. He only stared at me, his lip trembling as he tried to find words.

"I want to die!" I shout, sobbing loudly.

"L-Lance... I-I couldn't just let you die..."

"WHY THE HELL NOT?!"

"Because I love you, dammit! I fucking love you Lance and seeing you like this hurts! I saved your life because I couldn't bear the thought of you dying! How the hell could you be so fucking selfish?! Do you not think when you act? Is your mind just so clouded that you can't tell who loves you and who doesn't?!" He shouts, making my flinch. I stare up at him, speechless.

"I-I'm sorry... I-I didn't know..." I whisper, starting to sob all over again. Keith knelt down next to me and embraced me tightly, rubbing my back.

"It's okay... all that matters is that you're alive now... a-and there's a chance to start over." He whispers, placing a gentle kiss to the top of my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, there it is! Another oneshot requested by ghost1643. I hope you enjoyed it!

Luv Y'all,
Erin Jaeger