Chapter 14- Twitter and Lessons

     When I opened my eyes again, the first thing that hits me is the realization of what I done. By now the deed has been done, performed, never to be taken back. The second thing that I feel is my need for the walls to come up, to live in a box of solitude for the next two weeks. But I know I cannot. That in itself would be a sign of weakness, a sign that I could not deal with this problem. I needed to target this problem and terminate it, as if it is a cancer cell.

     I pull myself out of the bed and look at the lazy light that is streaming in through the blinds. The world is just waking up, ready to start fresh on a new day. I fix myself up, putting on clothes in shades of yellow, the happiest color.

     This will be a good day, I tell myself.

     I refuse to let Zayn Malik ruin my opinion about the day. I shouldn't let him have this kind of a power over me, I shouldn't even be thinking of him right now. He was a famous pop star, what was I expecting? I was so naive, and now there was nothing I could do to turn back the clock. I need to sort out my priorities, I thought with a sigh. What was I doing? Was I honestly that boy crazy that I had even thought of letting that one little instance ruin the rest of my day? No, no I wasn't.

     A few minutes later, Naomi woke up. "What happened yesterday?"

     Keeping my calm ambiance, I said, "Nothing much. I had a wild impulse, kissed Zayn, and he rejected me. Not that I care, though. I wasn't expecting anything more."

     Naomi, being the girl she is, immediately asked, "Do you know how lucky you are? Girls around the world would kill to do that. Who cares if he rejected you? Make him regret it. So, how was it?"

     "He has really soft lips, if it helps."

     "Nice, nice."

     "I'm going to go off to breakfast," I said with a sigh, not wanting to hear any more about Zayn.

     "Wait! I'll be ready in a few minutes!" Naomi shrieked, not wanting to go alone.

     Like she said, a few minutes later she was ready to go. We both grabbed our instruments and head out the door. In the hallways, there is a rush of people bustling about, but luckily we don't see Zayn. I did spot Louis, however, and he gave us a bright smile and a cheery wave.

     At breakfast, Naomi and I took our two person table back that was next to the window. There was a door that led outside to the balcony where you could also eat, and I decided that we needed to go eat out there sometime soon.

     "How's the music you all are playing in the top band?" Naomi asked.

     "Pretty good. Liam's so confused; he just mimics me the entire rehearsal," I told her with a small chuckle.

     "Mine's basically the same. I was expecting less for a bottom band, but it is just as hard as the music we had back home."

     "Do you see any of the boys?" I asked, because she was the one facing the rest of the cafeteria.

     "Not that I can see," she replied, but I knew that she was probably lying to make me feel better.

     "You can be honest with me."

     "Fine. Zayn's looking gloomy, and the rest look cheery. Maybe not Liam so much, but yeah. Oh, look, Niall's waving at me!" she said, now suddenly excited.

     Next thing I knew, I was being whisked off to the first rehearsal of day. Inside, Liam greeted me with a warm smile.

     "How are you doing?" he asked.