CHAPTER 23: When I Get My Hands On Them!

LANDON

I woke up quickly to the smell of something burning from the kitchen along with the smoke alarm and immediately started running downstairs where I saw Giselle, Kavina, Elliot and Rockwell, standing in the kitchen, coughing and trying to open the windows and wave the smoke away from the alarm, finally making that annoying alarm sound go off.

I took notice right away at the couple of skillets on the stove and whatever was in there being cooked was now burnt so badly that you can't tell what it was before.

"What's going on?" I asked while taking a minute to rub my eyes and adjust them as I start waking up more.

"We don't know. We all just heard the smoke detector alarm go off and as soon as we came out, we noticed someone had left a skillet on the stove still going." Giselle answers.

I begin to look around and then start to feel pain in my stomach really hard causing me to bend over and grab my stomach in pain.

"Ahh!!" I yell.

"Alpha?!" Everyone says in unison while running to my side.

"It's our mate!" My wolf tells me.

"Where's Anna?" I ask.

"We don't know." Elliot says.

"Alpha! Someone took her!" One of my guys runs in panting as they burst open the front door telling me.

"What?" I ask them.

"Some guys took Anna. We can smell the scent of someone but, it's not one of the Elders or Rivers nor Sheira." One of them says.

"Follow it and then tell me what you find out.

"That won't be necessary." We look behind the guys as Abby and the Moon Goddess walk hand-in-hand into the house looking as though they had been crying.

"You recognize the scent?" I ask them.

"Yes." The Moon Goddess replies. Then she walks up towards me and hands me what looks to be a folded up piece of paper and as I look at it real quick and notice a picture along with some writing on it and then I look back up at her confused.

"What is this?" I ask her.

"It's from Arlen. I received it this morning and was told he was found dead last night. That paper was addressed to me in an envelope but I knew you could possibly use it some how." She says.

Shit! I was hoping to possibly find Arlen today and see if he could help us.

I look back down to take another look at the paper and start reading the little notes beside a few sketches it looked like he made that seemed to be the formula that could kill Rivers and all of them.

"We can but, neither of us can make this." I reply as I look now over at Abby.

"I can make it." She says.

"Okay. Giselle and Rockwell will go with you to get what you need and then bring you back here." I tell her.

She nods her head in agreement as I look back at Giselle and him and they bow their heads in agreement at me before walking up to her and leaving.

"That scent that we're smelling out there and that none of you recognize, it's a scent that werewolves can get to hide their scent from others. However, one of the many perks to being a Moon Goddess is our higher senses than all of yours. I was able to smell that horrible odor, that it was Rivers men who came and took her. Although I'm sure you already knew who had her." She says.

"Yeah." I say through clenched teeth. "And since he did, I plan to get her back by the end of the night. I can't wait." I tell her.

"I know. We'll help you. However, Arlen did write me something. It was Rivers' plan. Not just with what he wants to do in front of the council but why he also needs Anna and what he plans to do with her." She finishes.

I swear when I get my hands on him and the others, they are going to see another side of me and my wolf, they never thought existed.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)