CHAPTER 10: Now I Know A Little More

LANDON

I couldn't believe what I just heard her tell me. She believes me? Really? She doesn't think I'm crazy of anything? Maybe she's just saying that and will try and run right about....now.

Nope, she's still sitting next to me on the couch here, looking at the TV.

"If you'd like, we can all show you later today when everyone wakes up, what we look like as our wolves." I suggest.

"Okay." She nods in agreement. "So, if I was turned into a human and my memories were erased, how is it that I'll be able to shift into a werewolf like before?" She asks confused.

"You still have my mark. When marked by an Alpha, it tends to take longer than most to fade. Plus, your wolf never left you, she was put to sleep. Which I know doesn't make any sense to you and it doesn't to neither of us either. However, I have someone looking into finding us answers to what and why things happened the way they did." I started.

"I see." She says.

"Listen, I don't expect your memory to come back right away and remember all of us, including you and me being mates and in love. But I want you to know that I'll never force anything and I will wait until the day you remember." I promise her.

She looks at me and smiles slowly while tearing up a little bit. Then we share another moment of silence until she says something.

"So, who killed Liza?" She asks with sadness.

"That was Rivers and his men as well as his girlfriend who happens to be the head Elders' sister who has placed a spell upon herself and has taken the identity of a younger witch than what she really is." I explain.

"Huh." She says under her breath.

"I promise you I'll find the answers. However, in the meantime, don't ignore your wolf." I tell her.

She thinks for a moment to herself before nodding and then stands up and we say 'goodnight' to each other then she heads upstairs to our bed and I badly want to go join her but I know I can't. Not yet.

Something I did learn earlier last night when visiting the Moon Goddess, after my parents both left, was why Anna's wolf is not like any other.

Maroon wolves are very rare. I have never heard of a wolf with that color. I thought at first that maybe it was because she was just different or that maybe her real parents were wolves that gave her up when she was a baby to humans. But the Moon Goddess explained to me different.

She was born a human and I did turn her and claim her as my mate.

In general, being marked by an Alpha, already gives you their strength and abilities as well. The thing that makes her fur maroon, is to represent the strength she has from being a human. Of course it makes her a huge threat to all kinds and even threatening to the Elders.

The biggest and greatest ability that she has though is that she is able to break into people's thoughts, even when they have their mind links 'turned off' per say, she is able to still go in as well as in people's dreams.

This also allows her to cause sadness and pain in others or at least manipulate their minds into thinking they are in pain, in danger or whatever she wants them to think and see as well as feel. Nobody else has that ability. Nobody in the history of all our kinds has there been one like her. Well, at least no one else but a couple, centuries ago.

The more the Moon Goddess told me about her abilities, the more fear grew inside of me. The worse part of all this though, is if she doesn't learn to control it, things can become very bad for both her and the rest of us and our kinds as well as others.

I fear if anyone finds out about this before we have a way in helping her with it, others will want to kill her.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)