CHAPTER 14: I'm Here Now

LANDON

I knew it! I fucking knew that the Elders had some meaning behind this as far as erasing her memories because of some secret they wanted to keep hidden from us all and the others. 

I am more infuriated than I was over before because of what they have done. Not sure either if it's an ego thing or they don't want the risk of having a woman possibly being better than them or what but no matter what the REAL reason is, there is NO excuse and I don't care what happens to me as a result, but I plan to make them pay and maybe even expose them. 

Despite also the fact that Anna was defending my parents for their actions in following the Wolves Laws, still, I am their son and won't be as forgiving that quickly. 

We all went out for most of the day into the training field and did start with the physical training, in which Anna was right in the fact that it did feel really good and helped us relieve a lot of any anger and or stress we were feeling. 

Once we were finished with the training, some of the pack (the one's that weren't on duty guarding the perimeters tonight) had suggested that tonight we have a huge barbecue and bonfire in the backyard in celebration for Anna's return and for her recovery. 

We all agreed and all went back to the pack house to get washed up and dressed. Then after we all finished getting ready, Anna, Kavina, and Giselle had all gone to the store while the guys and I prepared the grill and fire pit. 

After the girls returned, I fired up the grill and started cooking while the girls all went inside and made a few side dishes as well as get some cups, plates, etc. to set the table. 

When the food was ready and we sat down and began eating, it felt almost like Anna had never left in the first place. 

We all were laughing and talking about things as if this was just any other day and forgetting about any bullshit, like what's going on right now. 

I was looking at everyone at the table and smiled at what I was seeing. We all were happy and able to have a good time together. 

Once we were finished with dinner, we put half the leftovers in the fridge and the rest, gave to the people guarding the perimeters tonight before we lit up the fire pit and all sat around continuing the moment. 

While sitting around the fire, I had noticed after a few moments of talking to some of the pack, she came over and sat down right next to me. 

I'm not sure in why but somehow having her next to me, didn't just make my wolf and I happy and excited but for some reason had also made me feel a little bit nervous. 

"Hey!" She smiles at me. 

"Hey!" I reply while returning a smile. 

"Wanna go for a walk with me?" She asks me. 

"Yeah." I reply and we both stand up and start walking towards the woods down one of the few different paths that I normally do my 'runs' on.

"So, what's on your mind?" She asks. 

"Not much." I shrug a little. "Why?" 

"Because it seems like you've been trying to avoid me all day." She mentions. 

"I haven't." I tell her. 

"You sure? I mean, even during training today you seemed to make sure I was partnered with others. Is it cause of what happened yesterday and what I did to you?" She asks sounding a little sad. 

"No." I reply. "It isn't you. Ever since you told us this morning about everything between the Elders and why they did what they did to you and your memory, it just sickens me." I begin ranting more than I wanted. 

"But....." She starts and I stop her. 

"Please....." I tell her as I have us stop and look at each other, though I struggle to continue to tell her how I feel and everything. 

"There aren't enough words to express how truly sorry I am that I didn't have the strength to stop the Elders in the hospital to doing what they did. It kills me to know I had put you through so much just for us to be together, yet still you suffered from something that was never even your fault in the first place. I should have protected you and I didn't. I failed." I confessed with my head looking down feeling ashamed. 

A moment later, I feel her hands hold my head and has me look into her eyes as we both know are tearing up. 

"But you didn't. You never gave up and are still willing to wait for me to get back to how we used to be before. Besides, I'm here and I don't plan on going anywhere without you." She smiles at me. 

Next I smile back at her as our foreheads touch and we share a passionate kiss. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)