CHAPTER 4: The Moon Goddess

LANDON

After apologizing to my pack a few weeks ago and going over a plan in how to get Anna back, we all have been working harder than ever in trying to do that and training to get our strength back to where it was as a pack. 

It feels great to be an Alpha again and leading my guys. What's even better is the fact that I'm going to find my mate and try and figure out a way in how to make her remember me. 

I was in my room packing when I heard the Moon Goddess contact me through mind link asking me to meet her at her office. So I start making my way there. 

When I arrive and knock on her door, it begins to open and standing across the room behind her desk, is none other than the beautiful Moon Goddess. 

She has beautiful long straight dark hair that cascades down past her lower back a little bit and her soft gentle skin with dark brown eyes and dimples on her cheeks. 

"Landon." She greets me with a smile. "Please take a seat." She gestures with her hand, pointing towards the chair across from the desk. 

I take a seat and begin asking her questions.

"Where have you been?" I ask her in a non upsetting and non rude way. 

"I've been helping others. Now, I'm also aware of your situation and your intentions." She says. 

"Yes well, as much as I don't want to go against any of your abilities and predictions as well going against the elders or my parents, I feel this is something I need to do. They in return haven't really done their jobs." I tell her while trying to hold in my anger. 

"I understand your frustration. Believe me, you have every right to feel the way that you do. However, I must remind you about the laws and the consequences of breaking any one of them. If you're prepared to receive those then by all means, I will not stop you. I know that losing your mate is very hard on you and with what the Elders did, as well as your parents, though you may not see it or understand the reasons in why they did what they did to your mate, they all had good reasons and good intentions." She starts defending them. 

"No disrespect Moon Goddess, but explain to me HOW they did their duties? Since when is it okay to take another's mate away without reasons? I shouldn't have to question who I am or what and who I am protecting and fighting for. I shouldn't have to go against the council. Without an explanation of things, such as this, what other choice do I have? She was more than just my mate. I mean there was more to us than just the bond. There was true love. She gave up being a human, for me." I choke on the last part as I fight back some tears. 

"I understand." She tells me. 

"Do you?" I start to let a few tears fall before wiping them away quickly. "I need to get back." I start telling her as I stand up. 

"Wait." She calls out for me and stands up then walks up to me. 

"What?" I ask her with eyes red from all the tears forming in my eyes. 

"You're right. You have every right to know what is going on. You're one of the bravest, strongest and best Alpha's I have ever known. You always try and do the right thing and now you're being forced to question everything about us and our beliefs and what you're fighting for. I promise that in some time soon, you will know the truth behind all of our actions. In the meantime, I beg of you to please, please, trust me when I tell you that everything will be okay." She looks into my eyes with tears in hers. 

"I'm sorry, but unless I know more about why and what's going on, then I have to conclude whatever I think. And to be honest, I don't know if after this I can look at you the same again. Because all my life, I had been told that you above the Elders were the one to always go to and that we all could trust. But now, since you insist on agreeing with the council knowing it's wrong, I just can't..." I was starting to finish and leave when she stops me again. 

"Alright. You're right. I can't do this anymore." She begins shaking her head while looking at the floor before looking back up at me. 

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"The Elders and I had agreed to erase Anna's memory of you guys because they thought it would be the best way to keep her safe from Sheira and Rivers. They wouldn't be able to smell yours or her scent and wouldn't be able to track her down. But, I think it isn't going to work. That's why I've been gone for a while because I was trying to find her but haven't been able to." She says. 

"Oh." I reply while feeling bad how I spoke to her.

"When you find her though, please tell me and then bring her back here. I need to speak with her." She tells me. 

"Okay." I reply. 

We talk a little more and then I head on back to the house and finish packing so we can start leaving tonight. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)