CHAPTER 16: Let's Get This Hag!

LANDON

Anna told me last night about her dream or should I say, nightmare, as well as then telling me about why she was freaked out in the bathroom. Then this morning, I decided we needed to start coming up with a plan. Before of course, we started in again on training her on her abilities.

So we both contacted the Moon Goddess who was still away and we asked her to meet with us now.

We finally got to a private spot in the woods that I go to sometimes that nobody knows about and meet her there with Anna beside me.

"I still haven't found more information." The Moon Goddess exclaims.

"Might not even have to." I began before looking at Anna and having her tell her what happened last night in the bathroom and in her dream.

The look on the Moon Goddess' face made me start to think there was more than what we saw in the book. Which I mostly skimmed through anyways. I didn't read it like Anna did.

"I am sorry." She says under her breath.

"For what?" I asked sounding a little annoyed as I was wondering in what she was going to say next.

"I don't know why I didn't remember all of this until just now but, those werewolves that had marooned colored fur such as you, they weren't born as werewolves neither." She says.

"What? But the book says...." I begin to protest but she stops me.

"I kmow what the book says. But those wolves were human servants. The Elders at the time thought that since neither of them had no family and because they were desperate, he had them turned. Oh my god, I can't believe I forgot about this. My grandmother told me the story about how those werewolves came about and that she was threatened to remain silent. But...." She says.

"So wait a minute, if they were injected with something and were already humans turned into werewolves, then how did she become one like them? I didn't inject her with anything and she was turned after I bit her so....." I start saying.

"I know but, she wasn't with you at first." She says. Then she gets a surprised look of realization and looks wide-eyed at us as she gasps. "Where is Arlen?" She asks.

"Why?" Anna asks her.

"He was the one who was with you before Landon here was. He tried to mark you at one point but failed. Did he ever give you anything?" She asks Anna now with a serious and concerned look on her face.

"Um, I don't think so....." Anna stops herself. "Wait, I do remember him trying to mark me and before he did that, he gave me something to drink that tasted disgusting. Almost like an old energy drink or something." Anna replies.

"Oh my god. Rivers gave him the last of the serum." She says under her breath.

Both Anna and I look at each other still feeling confused as to what the Moon Goddess is saying.

"What serum? The only serum I know about that Rivers had was the one his father created." I say.

"But he had to have gotten that particular serum from.....Oh my god. Sheira." She says.

"What about her?" I ask.

"She was there. She was there in her true form. She had to have gotten hold of that particular serum and hid it before she was killed. Then as she came back, she had to have gone to that spot and then gave it to Rivers to better his father's serum and to speed up the transformations." She says.

We all look back and forth at each other not really believing what we were hearing but yet, aren't necessarily surprised and shocked at the same time knowing what Sheira and Rivers have done and are capable of. Especially Sheira since she was able to transfer her soul and spirit somehow to another person before she died. In which wait a minute.

"Oh shit, I just realized something else. Sheira, right before she was killed, that was the only time that she could have transferred her soul and spirit over to the body she has right now. Unless she had help, which I don't know for sure or not but, if not, then she had to have done the transfer herself meaning of course that she never died. Though the weird and confusing thing about all of that is, she couldn't have had enough time to transfer herself into another body. There are too many steps and she had no access to a dagger or what she would have needed to do so. And as I remember being told, she warned and threatened everyone she would return. Who else was there that day witnessing her death?" I asked.

"I heard it was the Elders, some people from the town and then I think that's all." The Moon Goddess says. Then she looks as though she realizes something.

"What?" Anna asks her.

"That wasn't all. There was one other person but, it doesn't make any sense." She starts shaking her head.

"What doesn't? Who else was there?" I asked her again.

"Her sister, Abby. She's a witch too and is still alive." She says.

"Good. Then let's go find the hag and get ourselves some evidence and answers here." I say.

"Wait!" The Moon Goddess stops us as she puts up her hand in front of herself.

"What??" Anna asks.

"You can't just show up by yourselves. She despises wolves. I will need to take you there myself. She for some reason has allowed me to talk to her as the closest thing to wolves." She says.

"Okay then. We leave tomorrow. We find her and make sure we don't leave without our answers." I tell her.

"Of course. I shall meet you both here tomorrow morning along with Elliot and Rockwell. We'll need them to be on the lookout just in case. Because we will be treading on dangerous territory."

"Fine. We'll be here tomorrow morning before sunrise." I suggest.

"Okay." She nods her head in agreement before we head off in our directions back to our houses.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)