CHAPTER 13: This Isn't Fair!!

ANNA

"This isn't fair! I didn't deserve this or even ask for it and yet I feel as though I'm being punished!" I snap at my wolf as she's trying to explain everything to me.

"I understand your frustration with all of this but you are NOT being punished for any wrongdoing or anything like that. None of what's happening is punishment." She tells me while still remaining calm.

"I can hurt people though. I can go into others minds and manipulate what they see, think, hear, even in their dreams. How is that gift?" I ask her.

"Because you are the ONLY one that can help save many. Not just of wolves but humans as well along with others that have abilities. Such as witches, warlocks, regular wolves and so forth." She begins to explain. "Grab the book Landon handed you. Inside we both will find answers to the many questions about your unique abilities and color of your specific wolf." She finishes.

"Fine." I roll my eyes of annoyance.

I then walk over and sit on my bed then open the thick book that has more of a format of what a witches spell bound book type journal from back in the day would have had centuries ago.

While flipping through the pages and reading about all kinds of things about my specific type of wolf, I am in utter shock. I am more surprised that there were only five that ever lived and were killed by others because they feared them.

"Wow!" I hear my wolf tell me.

"Please, just let me read it, Isla." I tell her.

Yeah, by the way, she told me her name tonight.

"Okay okay. Sorry." She says.

I then start to read aloud several things as I looked at the cryptic looking pictures.

"The marooned werewolf is more dangerous than anyone had ever anticipated. They have the abilities to manipulate the minds of anyone as well as in their dreams. They can cause pain and a lot of suffering. With that much power we must forever prevent this from happening again or being recreated in any way in the future. Otherwise, they could become the most powerful of all kinds. Not just wolves or werewolves, but also of witches and could become a threat to all councils." I stop reading and quickly close the book then toss it onto the dresser next to the bed.

"That's awesome! I mean, I knew we were bad ass but that, what you just read says it all. I bet you that's why the council..." Isla began to try and explain and then stopped herself.

"That's why they tries to get rid of my memories." I finish for her out loud. "Oh god, I have to tell Landon and them." I start to say while quickly getting up and heading over towards the door but she stopped me.

"No! Wait until tomorrow. You need your rest. We can't have you passing out again during training. Besides, you have taken in a lot today already. So sleep." She finishes.

She was right. I was feeling tired and hadn't realized just how much energy can be taken when using my ability like I did for the training today. I know things will get easier and better with more practice and everything but for now, I should probably take it easy.

**************
The Next Morning

I didn't dream of anything last night which was weird or if I did, it would be the first time I don't remember. Anyways, must not have been that important right?

This morning, after talking to my wolf, Isla and finished getting ready for day two of my training, I went downstairs and saw that everybody were sitting at the table with breakfast on there and it looked like they were waiting for me.

"Good morning." Everyone greeted in unison.

"Morning everyone." I smiled at them.

I sat next to Landon and smiled at him especially. I know I said before I was going to take things slow with him but he is my mate after all, not to mention that I WANT to start slowly moving into getting to know him again and remembering us.

We all begin eating and at first things are awkwardly quiet until Landon thankfully breaks it.

"So how did last night go?" He asks me.

"Good." I replied. "Isla, I found out is my wolf's name and she told me a few things." I say before taking another bite of my delicious french toast.

"That's good." He says. "But did you ever get the chance to look in the book?" He asks me.

I set my fork down and drank down the bites of food before answering.

"I did. To be honest, it shocked me at first and then I ended up becoming pissed off." I say.

"Why?" He asks.

"Well, you read the book. The part I was reading was about others that used to be like me. Then both Isla and I came to the conclusion that, we believe we know why the elders had tried to erase my memory." I explain.

Everyone then stops eating and I can hear their eating utensils hitting their plates as they look at me waiting for me to finish.

"You do?" Landon asks.

"Yeah. The ability I have can effect everybody, not just our kind. That's scary and a huge threat because that would make me more powerful than ANY elder in ANY council." I tell them.

"Oh my god." I hear Kavina say under her breath. "Those assholes. And your parents...." She began to say to Landon but he looked already pissed off with his jaw clenched and was turning red from holding in all his anger, which made her stop.

"It's okay." I try and calm them all down as his anger seemed to spread to everyone else at the table. "Guys it's okay. Don't worry, we'll figure out how to talk to them, but just like everything else, we'll need proof." I begin telling them and then look over at Landon. "And as far as your parents go, I have a feeling that they weren't aware of the Elders intentions or reasons for doing what they did. They just were doing what they were told. But I do need to speak with the Moon Goddess soon. However, let's continue training." I assure him with a smile.

"This isn't okay." Landon says through clenched teeth.

"Hey! Let's start training. What are we doing today? What we did yesterday? Cause I don't know about you guys, but I think we should do some physical training today and get some aggression out." I wink at them with a smile.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)