CHAPTER 15: We Have A Problem

ANNA

Last night was a great night. Both Landon and I fell asleep in each other's arms in my bedroom.

When I woke up this morning, I smiled as soon as I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was Landon looking peaceful and yet sexy as hell as he slept.

I slowly started getting up out of bed and headed into the bathroom.

When I finished, I was washing my hands and I took a quick look at myself in the mirror and tried to smooth it a little bit.

After a few seconds of looking at myself, I noticed my eyes were dark red and it looked like the red was spreading throughout my entire eyeballs.

I closed my eyes and then opened them up again and jumped back as soon as I saw sharp long canines and me growling.

When I jumped back and hit the wall, I opened up my eyes again and took another look in the mirror hesitantly at first until I saw I was back to normal again in my human form.

I slowly start touching my face to make sure that wasn't real. But then I heard what sounded like an echo of laughter and started looking around but, nothing. What the fuck is going on? What was that?

"Are you okay baby?" I hear Landon as I see him burst through the door looking at me panicked.

I turn and look at him and decide not to tell him when I don't know what the hell I just witnessed myself.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I smile at him to try and reassure him.

He looks at me for a moment as though he's not convinced.

"Okay." He smiles back at me. "Well come on, let's go back to sleep." He says as he takes hold of my hand and we lay down on the bed and cuddle before falling back to sleep

This time, I have the same dream I had a while back about the growling and silhouettes of the big animal figures. This time, as they came to me through the mists and stepped into the moonlight, I wasn't afraid, of anything, I was more curious as to what this dream meant and who in the hell they were.

They had the same colored fur as my wolf does.....Maroon.

"Hello Anna. Please don't be afraid. We did not mean to scare you the first time we came to you through your dream. But we had to make sure." The wolf in the front tells me.

"Make sure of what?" I asked curious.

"Make sure that you were the one." She replies.

"Are you the ones that caused me to..." I began to ask about the mirror incident but they stopped me.

"No. That was your new wolf." She claims.

"What do you mean my new wolf?" I ask.

"Isla is not your original wolf. The one you were given at first, her name was Zena. But when the Elders injected you with a memory loss serum, it killed your wolf at the same time so that she would never tell you who you really were." The wolf tells me.

"So, why would my wolf now, Isla, scare me like that? I mean that wasn't me. It couldn't have been." I asked.

"It can become the new you if you let it. All of us were killed because of the top three head Elders. They experimented on one of us, causing him to become more aggressive towards everyone and one of the side effects was his ability to manipulate others. Cause them pain and to see what he wanted them to see which was whatever that person's worst fear was." She explained.

"So you're saying the elders had to cover their tracks from their mess up, just like this time?" I asked while saying it under my breath to myself.

"Yes and when they find out that you are back to being a wolf, things will get ugly. The only option that you have is to go to the Moon Goddess. You must convince Landon to trust her. She is the only way anyone will listen to you." She says.

"Even if that happens, how do I stop myself from becoming this.....monster?" I ask.

Suddenly there's a deep and gutteral growl coming from the distance and sounds like it's getting closer and closer. After looking around, that's when I look back at the wolves I was talking to and see they're gone.

I try not to freak out but I can't help but feel a little scared. Though I close my eyes and try to wake myself up but all I can hear is the deep gutteral growling get closer and closer to me until suddenly, I hear Landon's voice in the distance become closer and closer until my eyes are opened and I sit straight up in bed, dripping sweat with Landon worried and holding me.

"Baby? Are you okay?" He asks me concerned.

"I think we have a problem." I tell him.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)